Monday, February 3, 2014

WORKing out


I have mentioned in previous posts that I am participating in online challenge with The Journey, and this week one of our challenges was to get in 3-4 reps of 5 dead lifts on each leg.  Well, as I was summarizing my "dead lift experiences" I was actually laughing out loud at how ridiculous I must have looked trying to balance in these dead lifts with both children and pets trying to break my concentration.  It got to the point where I finally decided, forget it...I will do this at work.  You see, I have a traditional 9-5 job, but I get to work it in a 7-3 format instead.  What makes this so great (well besides being able to pick my kiddos up from school myself) is that many days I am in the office solo in the mornings for upwards of 2 -2.5 hours.  Perfect time for workouts! :)

Well, as many of you may remember this is not my first time using the office space as a gym.  No, I'm not talking about the fancy gym that we get the free week pass to twice a year, I am talking about the actual office as a gym space.  See I stumbled upon the POP Pilates series on YouTube back in July and it has been a life saver some days, as its the only moving I get.  I said it once and I'll say it again, These are ah-may-zing!  The ones I have tried so far are the Saddle Bag Shaver, the Call me Maybe Squat Challenge and the Slimmer Inner Thighs & Runners Calves Workouts. Between the dead lifts and these I have quite a routine going, bit it got me thinking, what else can I do while at my desk all day?!?!  Enter pinterest. ;)

Now, I will admit I have not tried all of these, but thought I would share what I found out there in the land of pinning with you. 

Going Well offers these easy exercises to do at the office, this one has great little stick figures to "show you the way", nothing too complex and it breaks it down by body area.

Infofit offers this office workout, including treatment for common office related injuries.

And one of my personal favs, office yoga from Yoga Relief Tips

I also like to take the stairs every day (my office is on the 3rd floor) and I tend to park on the 4th floor of the parking garage and take the steps there too.  What are you doing in your everyday work routine to help get yourself in better shape?























Post a Comment