Monday, February 24, 2014

Sick of sickness



My poor hubby has been sick for almost 2 weeks.  February is a hard month, he works EVERY weekend.  As a result, he is overtired and over stressed so his body wear down and he gets sick.  I hate when the hubs is sick.  It has always upset me.  I don't like it when anyone in the fam is sick, but it really makes my heart sad to see him under the weather, especially when there is nothing I can do about it.

Besides the emotional distress of seeing my poor spouse sleep deprived from work/illness is the added stress of being the solo parent.  When he does have down time I encourage him to rest as that is what he needs to recuperate, but on the flip side of that there is me burning both ends of the candle.  It hasn't always been this crazy, but as the girls get older and more involved in things, it gets harder to keep up.  We have a good system in place, a good balance of which h one of us takes care of which activites...so when illness crops up...it throws us into chaos.

Now I have been absent from both blogs as a result, am feeling run down myself and as I type this am using the power of positive thinking to keep myself healthy.  "you will not get sick, you will not get sick, you will not get sick."

Anyone else have these dilemmas?
Post a Comment