Monday, January 6, 2014

Being positive when the weather is negative!

It...is....cold!  I know, I know, winter is supposed to be cold.  But right now, at work, it is only 5 degrees, and that doesn't include the wind chill.  Tomorrow is supposed to hit -30 or -40 with the wind chill.  YIKES!!!  Glad that tomorrow is going to be a work from home day.

When I'm all bundled up like I am right now, quite literally, it makes it hard to get inspired to work out.  I mean, I am in my office wearing wool socks, winter boots, lined pants, 2 shirts, and Under Armour jacket and a scarf and am STILL freezing!  Do I really want or need a 3rd cup-o-joe today...no, but I'm so cold I just might.

I keep telling myself that once I'm home and can snuggle with my kiddos and fur babies, I can warm up, and I can workout.  I know it will be chilly when I get that workout gear on, but I also know that it will be the very best way to warm up on so many different levels.  PLUS, it will keep me motivated for my Fit Pursuit Challenge through EveryMove.org.  My goal is to get in at LEAST 50K steps every week.  Want to join the challenge...you can pick from a variety of challenges.  Sign up and join me (Waits&Measurements).

As I wait for warmth...I thought I'd share some Friend Making Monday from Kenlie at All The Weigh.

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

friend makin mondays
Friend Makin’ Mondays
 
1.  What has been your happiest moment in 2014 so far?  Waking up over the break to my sweet mini me and the first words out of her mouth being "I love you Mommy."

2. Share the last compliment you received. I was told I had "mad skillz" with my knitting loom for mastering a new stitch!

3.  What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? I plan to get in at least 3 strength workouts this week.

4.  What is your favorite TV show currently on air? The Blacklist, hand downs the best show on TV right now.

5.  If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go? DISNEY!!!  I would pack up the fam and be gone in minutes if we could.

6.  Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system.  I had my daughter.  It changed EVERYTHING.

7.  What made you decide to live where you currently live?  I came for work, and stayed for love.

8.  What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD?  Faith.  I have a hard time with the concept of religion.  How do you pick and choose...I am teaching my kids to have faith.  faith in God, faith in humanity, faith in doing good.

9.  If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose?  President Obama.

10.  List three things that you’re thankful for today.  
  • My family
  • Our health
  • that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions on your blog.  Don’t forget to link up in the comments.



 
Post a Comment