Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Be Happy


So, I finally started at least a board on Pinterest for this little blog and this was one of the first few pins I put on it.  What?  You aren't following me on Pinterest, well if you'd like to change that you can find me over on my personal page. I have to say, I just love this pin!  I feel like it resonates even more right now as the new year is starting and people have a feeling of renewal and change.  I have been using these as my "working points" for the past few weeks and am feeling good about life in general.

The first tenant of this, Think Positively, came in handy this past weekend.  I have been a pinning fool (I know, it's SO addicting)...and one pin I had I was eager to do.  When the mini and I went grocery shopping the other day we bought two big bunches of bananas with the idea of making LOTS of yummy smoothies in the mornings.  Well, Sunday morning came around and I wanted pancakes!  You know how sometimes you get an idea in your head and then you just can't shake it.  Well, my head was stuck on pancakes.  Three months ago this would have been an easy fix, but with giving up gluten I have still not bought (shame on me) any kind of gluten free flour.  I know, I know...I could be lazy and buy the gluten free Bisquick...but I have been THAT lazy.  I just haven't thought of it when at the store.  I will now.  (In looking for the link for it I have to say, LOTS of yummy recipes!)

Anywho...I digress.  So we had all these bananas, my need for pancakes, and the power of pinterest.  I decided to try banana pancakes.  They seemed easy enough, 2 ingredients...bananas and eggs.  Being the rebel that I am , I added vanilla and cinnamon sugar.
"all" the ingredients mixed up


So I had my mix ready, my pan buttered, I set to work.  This is where it gets tricky.  These little stinkers are not the easiest things to flip.

proof of my flipping fail


I was worried about "doneness" too.  Bananas are mushy.  I couldn't easily tell if they were done by looking and was worried about the eggs, so I put them in a warm (250*) oven while I continued to work on more.  Once they were all done, I let them sit in the oven for about 15 minutes.  As I was recording my "fail" on this attempt, the hubs reminded me that the only way to know if something is going to work or not is to try.  He was right!  I mean, I was judging based on looks alone (something we all KNOW we shouldn't do in life in general). 

I took the pancakes out of the oven, plated and enjoyed them with the hubs.  Not sure if its a recipe that we will do again necessarily, but they were not nearly as bad as I had thought they'd be.  Think Positively!

plated success


What are you doing to Think Positively this week?
Post a Comment