Thursday, December 5, 2013

Revamping those Resolutions!


I admit, that every year I do try and make a set of resolutions.  I do try and stuck with them as best as I can too.  But like so many others, they seem to fall to the wayside.  That is why this year I am excited that the hubs and I decided to start making some serious changes for our health and well-being BEFORE the craziness (and let's be honest-pressure) of New Years is upon us.  As I have mentioned, the hubs and I have decided to try going gluten free. So far, its been amazing!  I am seeing an actual difference in my body.  I know some of it is getting my lazy butt back into an actual work out regimen, but the bloated look (and feel) I have been carrying in my mid-section is all but gone.  It's allowing me to see the sad out of shape ab muscles that have been crying for attention and love. 

With the "success" of the gluten cut back, we have been discussing more things we can change in our diets.  With all of THAT talk, and after a great post by Ashley over at Coffee Cake and Cardio about thinking ahead for 2014 I thought, why not start to draft up some resolutions that we KNOW we want to do. 

  1. Continue on the gluten free lifestyle.  It seems to be helping both of us and I am feeling better then I have in a long time.
  2. Continue working out and making it a priority!  This is where I have ups and downs a LOT.  The kids and their schedules always get pushed to the top of my priority list and I need to remember that I am a priority too. 
  3. Slowly try to change the girls diets over to less gluten (especially my big girl).  The more research I do, the more I think we could help a lot of the issues she has with an eliminating diet. 
  4. Start to kick high fructose corn syrup out of our home.  This is one the hubs and I feel VERY strongly about.  There are just so many downfalls and ill effects that are caused by this sneaky little filler, and we want nothing more to do with it.  Sorry HFCS, the road stops here.
  5. Run that 5K. No more excuses.
I know there will be more things to add on, but I think this is a pretty good start, right?!?! 

Have you started thinking about your resolutions?  What will they be?
Post a Comment