Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Baby It's Dry Outside


Oh winter!  You can make things so beautiful with your white fluffy snow...but the things you do to my skin.  Is it just me, or does the idea of the snow and turning on your heat make you think of turning into Mother Gothel?!?  I feel like no matter how much lotion I use or water I drink my skin just gets so dry and cracked and, well blech!  I sometimes imagine myself turning into Mother Gothel at the end of Tangled when she starts to dry up and age.  Yuck! 

So I have invested in various lotions (by fav in case you care...Palmers Daily Intensive), have upped my W.Q. (water quotient) to try and offset some of it.  I'm also being very aware of how much I am drinking as part of the Small Changes Challenge from Small Changes. Big Picture.  No help it seems.  We as a family have also been using our humidifier daily and running vaporizers at night (dry skin and dry sinuses need a little love from Vicks). 

Now this guy here

he is not just good looking, he is smart as a whip too.  He too is suffering with excessively dry skin, and the kiddos have complained about dry, chapped lips.  As the sun disappears more and more in these long winter months, and the fresh veggies and fruits are sometimes of a variety that the littles don't' like so much...my genius of a hubby suggested looking at possible vitamin deficiencies.  Genius!

So that is what I have been doing the past few days.  Checking to see what we may need more of.  I found this article helpful from Dr. Oz.  (no comments Kate C.).  So I am going to start being more diligent about a multi for everyone in our house. 
 
What are your winter woes?


Post a Comment