Monday, November 18, 2013

Friend Making Monday


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 

Holidays

1.  What are you plans for Thanksgiving this year?  We have been keeping Thanksgiving more low key the past few years just staying at home the 4 of us and cooking together throughout the day.  Then we head over to our friends (more like family) to enjoy dessert, drinks and the laughter of all the kids together.

2.  At what point do you being celebrating the Christmas season?  I take the day after Thanksgiving to start getting out all the holiday d├ęcor and set up the tree.  I refuse to do it before turkey day and as someone with a burgeoning small business, I refuse to partake in the shopping frenzy.  I’d rather support small businesses and spend the long weekend with friends and family.

3.  Do you celebrate Christmas, or do you celebrate another holiday? We actually celebrate Christmakkuh as much as we can as my husband’s family is Jewish…it’s important for the girls to see and celebrate both sides.

4.  If you could have one present (you know, a material good, not love or world peace) what would you want?  Hmmmm, that’s a good question.  I have been thinking of a pre-paid WW intro or maybe a fancy new pair of boots.  I know, completely opposite sides of the spectrum right?!?!

5.  Share an idea or two that you can plan to do for someone who may need to feel loved throughout the holiday season.  I have decided to hand make as many of the gifts that I give this year as I can.  I come from a family of mandatory Christmas lists (extended family that is) and I’d like to make sure that the people I give gifts to know that I not only thought about what they might want but took the time to make it as well.

6.  Would you rather spend the holiday season on the beach or in the snow?  Christmas is a snow holiday.  Snow, cocoa, sweaters, fires, family.


7. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?  I love pecan pie even though I’m still pissed that one tiny slice contains 390 calories.  Dessert counts as food, right?  I also like ham more than turkey.

8.  Will you participate in Black Friday shopping?  No, see #2.

9.  Will you travel for the holidays or stay at home?  If you’re traveling, are you flying or driving or making alternate plans?  We start at home then drive an hour south to my parents.

10.  List at least 5 things for which you are currently thankful.

  1. My children.  They are the lights of my life.
  2. My husband.  Is unfailing patience, support and love means everything to me.
  3. My family and friends…they lift me up when I need it, and make sure I know that I am never alone.
  4. My little business with my family.  It’s wonderful working and collaborating together and then seeing smiles on the faces of those who buy or stuff. J
  5. Waking up every day and being healthy and vibrant!  There are so many that can’t say that, I am very lucky.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and take a moment to share it on Facebook and twitter too!  Why not spread the friend makin’ love?! :) Happy Monday, friends
Post a Comment