Friday, August 23, 2013

And the winner is...

I have been working on this post for the past few days and am so excited to share it with you all right before the weekend!! 

W&M was nominated for a Liebster Award! 

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!  The fabulous Mariana from over at Project Unfluff nominated little old me and my blog for a Liebster Award!  MAJOR shout out to her for all the blog love she has been showing!!  My first award nod!  I’d like to thank all the people who got me to this point, you the readers, my family…wait, where are the cameras and red carpet?!?!  J  I am SO excited about this, and what this award is for.

From what I’m told, after some research, it was learned that “the word Liebster is a German word for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.  (Stolen from Mariana who stole it from her nominator…all out of love of course!!)

The award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  The idea of the reward is to help new bloggers build a community and to connect with other bloggers!”

Once a blogger is nominated, the blogger must complete the following:

1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger

2) Share 11 random facts about yourself

3) Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you

4)  List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers from what you can tell!  They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and some blogging love!

5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated.

6) Tell the 11 bloggers you nominated (no nominating the blogger who nominated you)!

11 things about me:

  • I was on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.  Yes THAT Unsolved Mysteries.  No I did NOT get to meet Robert Stack.
  • My eyes change color with my clothes and sometimes with my mood…yet I have no magical powers that I am aware of.
  • The day I met my husband I knew I would marry him even though we didn’t even start to date until almost 2 years later.  If you need proof of this claim, ask my dad.  After eeting the hubs for the first time I actually told my dad.
  • As I have gotten older I am starting to find that I have a need for faith, but not religion.
  • I love to be a goofball and sometimes use my children as an excuse to be extra goofy.
  • I feel like my sweet little administrative job I the world of higher education is the best fit in the world for me (even though I had dreams of being a famous actress once upon a time).  It allows me to focus on my REAL job which is being a mom.
  • It freaks me out that Whoopie Goldberg doesn’t have eyebrows.
  • I look for moments where I can insert overly dramatic lines from movies I love into real life situations.  Steel Magnolias is great for this!!
  • Being pregnant was one of my favorite things.  Despite 24/7 morning sickness for weeks and weeks, despite swollen feet and ankles, I loved every second of being preggers!
  • I am hoping my blog really takes off.  I have had this renewed NEED to post things of late and really want to share it and get people thoughts.
  • Taking after my mother, my driver’s license still has the weight I was when I received it at age 16.  As my mom says, I still have that weight within my current weightJ.  Love my mom!!

Questions from Mariana:

1.         If you were a vending machine, what would you sell and why? (Could be anything)
Hmmm, this is a head scratcher.  I think I would maybe sell fortune cookies because everyone is always excited to open a fortune cookie, and no matter what the actual fortune is you can find solace, humor or affirmation in them.  Fortune cookies have a way of brightening any day…at least at my house they do.

2.         What is your fondest childhood memory?  I remember being snuggled in my bed at age 4, it was story time with my Dad and my lil bro was in the crib and I asked my dad if I could read to him.  He asked if I meant him read to me and I said no and proceeded to read him Goldilocks and the Three Bears.  I was very proud and have had a lifelong love of books since, probably because how proud he was of me…(yes, I re-read it for my mom once dad called her in too).

3.         What is your favorite book from your childhood?  My mom used to buy me these illustrated classic books from Toys R Us and I remember loving and re-reading over and over Great Expectations.  Ooohhh I also loved Bridge to Terabithia though too.

4.         What is your favorite book now as an adult?  There are honestly too many to name.  I love all things Karin Slaughter, the whole Enders Game series, the His Dark Materials series, anything Jane Green or Jen Lancaster…this one is too hard to answer honestly.

5.         What is your favorite unhealthy to healthy recipe (example: skinny mac and cheese)?  Chicken Strips.  My whole family likes chicken strips and I found a great recipe that involves panko and oven baking them instead of batter and deep fry.

6.         Do you have a favorite method for losing weight/working out? What is it?  Not yet…when I find what works best I will let you all know though!

7.         Star Trek or Star Wars?  I have to be honest here…neither.

8.         If you were a vegetable, which one would you be and why?  Good one, I don’t’ know maybe a zucchini or a sweet potato.  I have grown to love them both as an adult…but I really like all my veggies. 

9.         What is the best vacation you ever went on?  Our last family trip to Disney with both the girls.  It was amazing to see how they react (at their different ages and it was the oldest’s 3rd trip).  I actually cried when my then 1 year old mini me ran up and hugged Minnie Mouse for the first time, I was so happy she wasn’t scared. J

10.       If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would your first purchase be?  Our house.  I would pay off our mortgage.

11.       Why do you blog?  It started as a way to be more accountable, but now it’s out of a need and want to blog.

11 bloggers that I nominate!
1. The Well Balanced Family











Questions for bloggers nominated:

If you could meet one famous person in history, who would it be and why?

Would you ever be on a Reality TV show?

If you had to cut out one food forever, what would it be and why?

What is your go to favorite snack?

What is your fav workout jam?

Book or eReader?

What is your “must see TV” show?

Must have workout item?

What workout can you just NOT get into and why?

What is your go to cocktail/spirit of choice when watching calories?

Fav sport to watch?

Keep spreading the blog love people!
Post a Comment