Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary
Today is my anniversary with the worlds best husband ever in the history of marriage.  Now, that is not my biased opinion...it is just fact.  In a survey that I did recently, he received 100% of the vote!  This wonderful man has been by my side for more than a decade and I love him more every single day.  I remember a point when we had not been dating that long when I looked at him and told him "I have always loved you, I just didn't know who you were until now."  Good right?  Maybe I should really think about this whole writing/screening writing thing. :)

Like all couple we have battled our fair share of ups and downs...many of those being on the scales.  When we got married, I was running everyday.  I was strength training.  I was counting calories.  I would have to say (honestly) that I was in the very best shape of my life on my wedding day.    SO now, a few years later...older, less metabolism, a baby...I am not at the same weight I was then.  Sad, but true. 

So the other night while playing dress up with the wee one, she was having me try on all the dresses on my closet.  Intrigued by the big white bag at the back of my closet she asked what it was, so I told her "That's Mommy's wedding dress."  Her little eyes lit up as she said "lemme see lemme see."  Oh man, I felt the panic...the hesitation.  Well, who can it hurt?  She won't judge me, she's 3....well, wait a sec hahahaha.  So I started to take the dress out of the bag and had this surge of emotion as I remember every detail of that day.  I was so happy.  And then I pulled the dress on...and was even happier.  Despite the change in weight, despite the years, thankful for the corseted back, it still fits! 

I couldn't believe it, but then I remembered one of my professor sin college talking about how your weight may go up and down a few pounds but the real devil in it is how is redistributes itself.  I may way a few pounds more then I did on my wedding day, but there are certain parts that look better now and other parts that aren't quite as tight as they once were...and that's okay.  My abs aren't as tight and fit...but that's because they stretched out around my baby and protected her.  My hips aren't as small but again the made room for baby...but my actual legs look better now.  Hell, they look great.  Despite not running as much anymore I do walk a LOT and take the stairs EVERYDAY.

Happy?  Yes, I was quite happy.  An early present to me.  And you know what, I look at where I am today, and even though my wedding day was beyond amazing...today is better.   Look what the years and those few pounds have brought me.  Sheer bliss! 
Post a Comment