Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Motivated Momma


My husband is the best!  Have I mentioned that?  Only 50 million zillion times, well it is worth saying at least 1 more time.  He is the absolute bestest hubby in the world.  He has been working his butt off bouncing back and forth between P90X and Insanity, 2 uber hard work out programs.  He gets up early, gets out girls dressed, fed and off to school, works all day, has had rehearsals at night, does chores around the house and still has energy to workout for and hour+ each night!  He has been both an inspiration and a source of jealousy for me. :) 

Going into this weekend and Easter I was worried.  I have been such a slug lately and haven't worked out, have been snacking like its my job, just off my game completely.  So Friday night we got the little one to sleep early, the big one was locked in her room with her iPod and TV, so he was ready to workout.  He asked if I was going to workout too?  I looked at him and he was so genuine.  I had a few excuses, but he just kept saying..."You know you'll feel better afterwards"  and "Just start out slow."  After a few minutes it hit me...he was right!  I knew I would feel good after, and so I went up got dressed in my workout gear and set to it. 

Now, if you have been with me from the start you know I have a love for the Crunch Gym videos, 2 in particular Crunch Fat Burning Pilates with Ellen Barrett and Belly, Butt and Thighs Bootcamp with Teri Ann Krefting.  I own these two and they have been my "go to" workouts for a while now.  I love that I can feel them right away, they giver me cardio and strength and they focus on toning muscles, not "building" them per se.  So this weekend, I did the Fat Burning Pilates twice and Boot camp once.  I felt GREAT!  I think his gentle encouragement was just what I needed, and am SO thankful!  Can't wait to workout again tonight!!!!!

And now, better late then never...Friend Making Monday.



If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

 

Childhood Flashbacks

1. Did you have a set bedtime as a child?  If so, what was it? I had to be in bed by 9:00 except on Monday nights when I was allowed to stay up and watch Kate and Allie with my mom (at leat while it was still on).

2. Were you taught to be a member of the "Clean Plate Club?" Did it have affect your eating habits as an adult?  Not so much clean plate club, my dad did sometimes tell stories about when he was in Vietnam and the starving children there, but we were basically allowed to have “leftovers” though its seems we rarely did.

3. Share one thing that you were not allowed to do as a child. I was not allowed to ride my bike to the Dairy Queen until I was older and even then it was not really something my parents wanted me doing.  In order to get there we had to ride down the busiest street in town.

4. What is the cheapest gas price you can remember?   The summer I got my license I only paid 88 cents/gallon.  Oh to go back to a simpler time.

5. What was your favorite thing on the playground?  Swings for sure.  I get to enjoy them all over again with my kids too.  There is something magical and soothing about the swings.

6. Share one thing that your parents always made you do that you didn't like doing.  Church was always the hard one by high school.  It was the weekend and it was SO early HA (10am).  It must have been foreshadowing as I never attend church now.  Not for lack of religion, but rather I find it hard to conform to one set of religious doctrines.  I am teaching my children about faith rather than religion.

7. Do you remember your first kiss?  If so, share the details!  I do, but I don’t kiss and tell. J

8. Did you prefer to play inside or outside?  Outside!  Bicycles, flashlight tag, swimming, running…anything to be outdoors.

9. What was your favorite TV show growing up?  Hmmmm hard one.  I too loved Saved by the Bell Kenlie (and that was one of the best episodes….Jessie Spano), I also watched Who’s the Boss, Growing Pains, 90210, but I would say Friends or ER became my absolute MUST SEES!

10. Share one awesome childhood memory.  I feel like I had a really blessed childhood and its hard to pick out one thing.  I am very close with my mom and she and I have traveled together a lot (we would take girl trips as my dad and brother went fishing with their buddies every year in Canada)…which is probably why a spring break youth group trip to Virginia stands out as an awesome memory because it was a trip I took with my dad.  Granted, a bunch of my friends were there too…but it was awesome getting to spend that time with my dad.  We even left the group on Easter and went out to dinner just the 2 of us at the Black Angus Steakhouse.  It was awesome!

Bonus: Share a picture of yourself as a child.   I don't have any on my PC. :(
Now it's your turn to answer this week's questions!  Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, my friends!

Post a Comment