Monday, March 11, 2013

Short lived Sunshine

Baby Bear adding some curb appeal!

Happy Monday dear ones!  What a wonderful weekend we had here in NE Ohio!  The sun was out, we broke into the 60's.  What a blessing for March, and my little family took full advantage.  We had our regular weekend fun scheduled (soccer tournament, dance class) but luckily for us things were all scheduled early enough in the day that we were able to get LOTS of quality time outside enjoying the unseasonably warm weather! 

We did yard work, bike riding, chalk drawing, washed cars, went on walks, collected sticks, played soccer in the yard...it was wonderful!  I also got to open the windows and air out the house.  Good bye germs!  I'm hoping it helped, it definitely made us all smile.  It is SO much easier to keep moving and be active when you have good weather to enjoy it all in.

To finish out our fun in the sun weekend, Dadoo made homemade burgers on the grill with sautéed veggies on toasted rye bread.  We went and bought lots of fresh berries yesterday, so we had a delicious fruit salad as well (Baby Bear's fav thing to make in the warm weather.)

We also got a lot done on our little family business, Ardeline Arts & Crafts.  With the warmer weather we were able to paint outside some and do all our finish work outside.  It was so much fun.  It gave me that need for more though, which is sad since today is low 50's and rain, and tomorrow the snow returns.  Ah March, in like a lion right?!?!  I look forward to the lamp portion of that! 

And now, for a little Friend Making Monday!


Friend Makin’ Mondays: Food Questions
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Food Questions

1.What did you eat for dinner last night? Homemade burgers with sautéed onions and peppers topped with provolone on toasted rye bread.

2. If you could make one food calorie-free for the next year, what would you choose? Guacamole.

3. How often do you go to the grocery store?  We usually go once a week or so, in the summer we go a little less as we hit the farmers markets instead.

4. Do you make a list before buying groceries? I do, but the real key is to shop without the kiddos.

5. List three things that can always be found in your kitchen. Milk, coffee and cherry coke zero.

6. How often do you clean out your fridge? Every Thursday for garbage day.


7. Do you ever use a slow cooker? If so, will you share a recipe? I do every once and a while.  I like to slow roast pork for pulled pork sandwiches.  My hubby uses it MUCH more than I do.

8. How often do you try new recipes? I have been in ebb and flow with trying new recipes…I attempt something new at least once a week now I’d say.

9. What is the most delicious meal(s) you make? My hubby LOVES my homemade meatloaf, but I like my pan seared pork chops better.

10. Share at least one thing that is currently in your kitchen even though you don’t like it.  Hmmmm…I’m not a fan of soy milk let alone very vanilla soy milk, but my hubby and oldest daughter are lactose intolerant so we always have it in the house.

 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions!  Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments.  Happy Monday, friends!

 







Post a Comment