Friday, February 22, 2013

Hello Mr. Ick



How many of you remember this guy?  Mr. Ick.  When I was a kid, my mom had his sour green face plastered on all sorts of stuff to make sure I knew not to touch.  Well, this little stinker made an unexpected return to my life the past two days.  Stomach bug!  ICK!

There are few things in the world worst to me then vomiting.  There has only been one time in my life when I was "ok" with this form of torture from my body and that was while I was pregnant.  For seven luxurious weeks I had morning sickness.  I am the poster girl for the misnomer too i must say, it isn't something that only hits in the morning.  Seven weeks, seven days a week, anytime and anywhere, but that is another story.

I was FINALLY starting to feel better after all the respiratory nastiness that has cruised through my house and then this.  It is awful.  I even tried braving it at work this morning.  Got in my car, still feeling dizzy a bit, and made it to work.  Stayed for a few hours then had to go.  I feel like no matter how much I clean...winter is a cesspool and my house is a petri dish.  Can't wait to open windows and air out the house in a few more weeks.

on the "up" side (if you can call it that, I was down another 3.5 pounds on the scale.  I have to wonder how much is how well I've been watching and counting the past few days, and how much is a result of the unwelcome freeloader.

Here's to feeling better!

Post a Comment