Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Back on Track(ing) and a better late then never Friend Making Monday

In honor of my renewed zest to peel off these pounds that keep clinging (mostly to my thighs), I am going back to good old fashioned calorie counting again to help myself.  I logged into myfitnesspal this morning, and I'm not sure...but I think I may have heard it say " Welcome back old friend, I knew you'd come back sooner or later."
It can be really hard sometimes to make sure I track everything I eat...especially when I am home.  The kids (more correctly the Baby Bear) doesn't like it when I have my focus drawn to anything other then her.  I can't really argue that though, she IS adorable. :)

I think that when I take this route, getting back into the swing of tracking and sticking with it is the hardest part.  Which is odd because it's the one thing that has worked without fail for both my hubby and myself.  It makes sense.  Here's hoping friends, here's hoping!

And now, better late then never...

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
 
Blogger to Blogger
 
1.  Does your blog have one overwhelming theme?  When I started on this journey I thought I had a specific goal for my blog.  To help me track and maintain new years resolutions from last year.  It quickly grew into so much more though.  I guess now, the only overwhelming theme is ME.  It's all about me.  My life, my struggle with my weight, my fitness goals, my crafting., my kids, my hubby, my life.  Me. 
2. How did you come up with the theme for your blog? Was it intentional?  I took great care in coming up with the theme and title of my blog at first.  I love puns, so I thought it was quite clever to play on the term Wait (since I talk about things I had been waiting to do/try and also my working on my own WEIGHT).  Also relating to weight is the measureMENTs portion, and the waiting on goals and things holding me back as well as how I judge the quality of things I do and try are the measurements.  What do you think?  Does Waits and Measure(ment)s work for you? 
3.  Share something cool that has happened in your life as a result of blogging.  I have been able to expand my support network...even to the point of being asked to guest blog for a few folks.  VERY exciting to me.  
4. How much time to do spend reading blogs everyday?  A few hours off and on throughout the day almost every day.
5.  Do you blog on the weekends?  I am trying to blog more from home on the weekends.  I added the app to my phone to make it easier.  I am thinking of maybe doing some vlogging from home...then the kiddos could help too :)
6.  Do you keep track of your stats?  Do they matter to you?  I do check my stats, I'm not ALWAYS sure what they all mean, but I like seeing the number of viewers go up and where they are and how they find me.
7. How do you decide how much to share about your personal life?  I don't think its always a conscious decision.  It depends what I'm writing about and how deeply it affects me I guess.  There are some things I am very guarded about and don't disclose as easily...but I am also trying to work through some of that too.
8. Do you aspire to be a writer, or did blogging happen for some other reason?  When I was younger, I wanted to be the next the next Bronte.  Now, it's just a release for me to get my thoughts out.  I guess by hoping for more and more followers/viewers I hope to get more notice, but that's not the primary reason I blog.
9. As a blogger, do you think it's more important to write for yourself, or for your readers?  I think it's a delicate balance.  It's important for me to be able to get out and discuss certain things, and I think that those topics must also be important on some level too to my readers or else they wouldn't be there.  I have also asked for topic suggestions because I want to make sure I address or at least add my thoughts to things that others find important.  It may be stuff that I haven't even considered.
10.  What kind of plans do you have for the future of your blog?  To continue to try and make it grow and thrive.
 
Now it's your turn to answer this week's questions.  Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments.  Happy Monday!
Post a Comment