Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

I can't believe it!  It's already 2013!  What a whirlwind 2012 was for me.  I started this little blog-o-mine, began really working towards a healthier lifestyle, and grew overall as a person (in my personal character not my size luckily).

Tomorrow marks one year of blogging...I have to admit.  I was worried that with so many things that I start...that I would start this blog with a fire and it would fizzle within a few weeks...maybe months if I was lucky.  But I can say with great pride that it's something else I focused on and kept with. 

I started scrolling through some of my posts from the past year and wanted to highlight some of my favs...some I had forgotten about.  For those of you that are new to my blog, this will give you a better idea of what kind of craziness I enjoy :)

Here are my top 12 of 2012:

January:  While, it should be my very first post, I think it would have to be the Down with UADD post.  The idea behind UADD has been a long running joke in my family, and honestly...the clip art is too much.

February:  This one was hard, I highlighted some of my fav Crunch videos in February, and told you all about how much I enjoyed Ellen Barrett as a fitness genius, I think my fav was actually compliments of Kenlie over at All the Weigh with a Friend Making Monday post she did on travel.  Not only was it a fun way to share memories of great family va-cays, but it also got me thinking more globally (literally) in places I would like to see and experience. 

March: Sunshine on my Shoulders Makes me Happy was a fav for sure!  Sunshine, baby bear, great workout...what's not to love!!!  I wonder what the weather will hold for us this March...

April: ok, so I still have this deep seeded wish...this hope that one day, this will happen.  Fav post, hands down Like a Flash.  I mean, really...take a look and tell me you have never at least thought about how awesome it would be to have a flash mob at your disposal. :)

May: May was a hard month.  I had foot surgery in May and didn't really get to do as much as I had hoped because it was a much harder recovery than I had anticipated.  It's a toss up which post was my fav in May....either Get Active! because of it's integration of fitness with the little one, or  Moving Forward because to me, on a personal level, it signifies how far I had come already in my journey that I was planning for any and all possibilities with my foot.  Can we say proactive?!?!  :)

June: On the Road Again was my fav post in June.  Being back out in the sun, working out, showing my kiddos how important it is to have a healthy routine...discussing it with the little bear.  It's always good to go back to the very basics I try to understand why we do things...that's the only way to change and better ourselves!

July: Slow month on the blog front...only 4.  What a bum I was!  Speaking of bums...fav post of July...The Royal Flush!  The pride I shared with my little bear when she mastered the potty.  This was a major accomplishment and made the top 5 of great things that happened in our house for 2012! 

August:  I had a lot to be proud of in August.  Home organization, lots of cooking and meal planning started, but I think the post Don't Quit was my fav.  It wasn't even something I wrote, just a reminder.  Sometimes we need those little reminders to keep us focused. 

September: September is always a busy month in our house.  Three birthdays, school starting back, soccer starting back up...AHHHHH!  This year the birthday was a biggie, 35.  Instead of letting it get me down though, I think I did a fairly good job embracing it.  and on the cusp of the big event I focused in on things that help keep me motivated and going in I APPsolutely Love These

October: I love to talk about my kids.  It's a give in.  I am THAT parent, which is why Sweet Tooth is the top pick for October for me. I also liked that I tried something new with my post by adding  some additional info that I thought was informative.  What did you think?  Is it worth trying out again?

November: Well, well, wellness.  Taking responsibility for my health!

December: That love of talking about my kids...it extends to the whole fam and that is why I am loving A Family Affair.  Take time for what is important!

What have been some of your favorite posts?  What would you like to see more of?  Less of?