Monday, January 7, 2013

At the Starting Line



Okay, so in the past I have mentioned the fabulous fancy gym (Jump Start).  It's glorious with its awesome classes, state of the art machines, juice bar...alas, it is a BIG financial commitment and when I have two really nice (albeit not QUITE as fancy) gyms at my disposal for free...it's not an expense I can allow myself to indulge in.  The nice thing about the fancy gym is they generally offer 1-2 free classes every month which as an employee of the university I get to participate in...and now the BIG bonus!  Since I got my boss on the workout bandwagon last year she has joined the fancy gym (the life of the rich and childless), and for part of my Christmas present this year she got me a 1 month long membership at the fancy gym!!  HOW AWESOME IS MY BOSS?!?!?!

Now, it has been a while since I have done a proper class (hence my pic above).  It's a nice reminder that I will feel the burn, I will hurt in the very best way possible.  If I go into it remembering this and anticipating it....it will be welcomed instead of used as a reason to not go back.  Only downfall to this fab gift?  Yes, I know, it may be hard to believe but there is a downfall...the gym is where I work.  Ok, so?  Well, I drive a half an our each way across town.  I have to leave work at a certain time every day in order to pick up my kids on time from school, so in order to make up the lost time we are going to the gym...I need to start my day an hour earlier.  Every day.  For the next 4 weeks.  I have to be up and on the road by 530am.  That will stink because I will be falling asleep SO early at night and missing out on time with the hubby...but its' just a few weeks right?  And it's to jump start my new workouts so that I have many more YEARS with my hubby and the girls right?  Right!

Okay, so now the big class list.  Can you feel the excitement?  We have decide to try the following classes:

Muscle Conditioning (A resistance training workout using weights, elastic bands, exercise balls and tubing to improve muscular strength and endurance for the entire body)  I will be doing 3 variations on this class a week.

Cycle 45 (A 45 minute cardiovascular workout mixed with  rhythmic and cycle specific drills on a stationary bike)

Zumba (Latin rhythm workout featuring aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms to tone and sculpt the body)

One on of the muscle conditioning days the class is an express workout and is only 30 minutes, so I will be filling the other 30 minutes with either treadmill or elliptical time. 

I'm pretty psyched.  I have done the spinning class before and found it to be challenging and painful (my bottom was sore for DAYS after from the super uncomfortable seats).

What are some of your workout class favorites?


And now.....for a little Friend Making Monday!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Simple Questions
1. Outside my window I see...right now...nothing.  I have no window at work. :)
2. My kitchen counters are...reddish marbled generic counter tops (they are the next replacement in the kitchen.  Changing over to black marble)
3. Yesterday I drank...coffee and cherry coke zero
4. My cell phone is...sitting in front of me distracting me.  I have an audio book that I am almost at the end of and just want to listen, but am at work.  No book, so just blog!
5. My computer is...a rather lightweight desktop system with 2 monitors.
6. My favorite reality show is...Chopped (does that count), Amish Mafia, Storage Wars, Duck Dynasty
7. My workouts are...taking the front seat again starting tomorrow
8. The last book I read is...actually read???  Can't even remember, I listen to a TON of books.  Currently listening to TripTych by Karin Slaughter
9. My week will be....busy...lots to do.  Big kid's Christmas break is finally over as of today so all the fun activities jump start back in.
10.  So far 2013 has been...good.  I look forward to what the year has in store.
 
Now it's your turn to answer this week's questions.  Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, friends!


Post a Comment