Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter


I love winter.  I love the first real snowfall of the season.  I love it right up through Christmas and then I am ready for it to be over.  As a kid, I remember the first snowfall generally always coming over Thanksgiving weekend.  I live in Northeastern Ohio, so snow is expected.  My little bear has been checking everyday for snow...none yet.  It has actually been very warm up until the last few days.  When I say warm I mean short sleeves and lightweight jackets.  What is happening. 

One of the reasons I have always liked winter is the clothes.  Layers and layers of clothes.  Sweaters, and turtlenecks and cords oh my!  So easy to hide the flaws in winter wear.  So easy to forget about those love handles for a while.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Easy to snuggle in with cocoa and cookies and enjoy a marshmallow while also FEELING like a marshmallow.  Well, not this year friends.  Maybe the warm weather has affected my brain, but I have been feeling more motivated then ever to keep a good thing going.

I have been a crafting machine, which is a win-win as it is a fun family activity, makes the house more festive and saves me money.  I guess that makes it a win-win-win huh?!?!  I have been watching what I put in not only my mouth, but the kiddos too and think we are all looking fairly sharp so far.  AND, the hubs has already jump started back into his workouts.  I think the days of the Insanity workout are gone...but he is still a fan of P90X, so he has been doing that the past few nights.  We are festive and fabulous at our house!

I love this time of year.  We actually celebrate Christamkkah in our house so we get a month of fun, although this year I think Hanukkah is being calmed down some this year so we can really focus on Christmas.  For not being brought up with a heavy Christmas background, the hubs is AMAZING with it!!  And this year little bear is WAY excited.  We won't have this kind of magic again for a while I'm sure....so we are taking full advantage.  She has found the magic in everything...decorations, the tree, the Polar Express bell...it is making this holiday season that much better and brighter.  Which we needed this year.  The economy is yucky and we can't do what we usually do, so instead we are doing our best...and I think its actually going to be better than ever!

Post a Comment