Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sorry...like Patsy Cline sorry

I suck.  What can I say.  Between Hurricane Sandy, then being sick, then just being lazy...I have been neglectful in my blogging.  I'm sorry...truly.  Patsy Cline kind of sorry, "I was such a fool."

Ok, self loathing....check!  Now on to brighter topics, we cannot dwell and that we cannot change.  So, crazy week in the good ole US of A.  I am not going to start a political agenda on this blog.  That's not my style.  My hubby and I have three conversational topics we try and always stick too with fiends and family...you don't talk politics, religion or time travel.  Yes, I said time travel.  The hubs has issues with the entire concept...anywho...it has been a crazy week because of the elections.

I will say, that I do get so excited and feel such a sense of accomplishment when I cast my vote.  It's so empowering, and regardless if your guy won or lost, the fact alone that we have not only the ability but the RIGHT to vote is a blessing.  What I did find disgusting with this campaign (other than the typical back and forth between candidates) was the out lash on sites like face book.  So if you voted Republican...sorry, your guy just didn't get the votes.  Buck up and move on.  If Obama was your guy, awesome!  Four more years...but no need to gloat.  This is the problem I think  with our country.  We are so divided, maybe everything would be better if we could find a way to embrace the idea of "One nation, under God, INDIVISIBLE..."

Political rant...check.  Ok, so now on to me.  Time to get all needy and focused on myself :)
I need to find a way to mix up the cooking and the workouts.  Pinterest has been helping me with some recipe ideas, but when I'm in a pinch, or tired, I am NOT running to the store to pick up that can of seasoned diced tomatoes that I forgot to make the perfect soup.  Sorry.  I need a few more practical, hey everyone always has this in the fridge/pantry recipes to keep me going in between trips to the store.  As for the workouts...I think I need to find time to get back on the treadmill.  My alone time.  My me time.  My time to clear my head and think.  The hubs has a few weeks left on this semester and then it should be smooth sailing.  We can both start working out in a more regular pattern again...not just hit or miss, here and there.  I look forward to it.

Oh, did I mention pinterest earlier (hee hee).  So, it has been fun embracing my inner crafty goddess thanks to some ideas from pinterest.  The kids and I have been having a blast.  I have a TON of great gift ideas for the holidays, all of which require a minimal amount of money, but a lot of love and attention.  I'm excited to get moving on those.
 
How have you been?  What's new in your world?

Post a Comment