Thursday, November 1, 2012

in the wake of the storm

Things have been crazy in our world the past few days in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.  I am feeling very lucky today.  My family and friends are all safe and well.  We got hit harder here in Ohio then I ever anticipated.  My hubby has been off work all week because of damage and no power at the school he works at.  Luckily all of the students have been able to either go home, or utilize various services on campus and in our community to help with where to sleep, heat, water, and food. 

My hubby and I have a lot of friends and family in the NYC area too, and have been able to touch base with almost all of them to make sure they are okay.  In the aftermath of this storm, I am just happy and thankful knowing that I live in such a supportive community and that all my family is safe.



Post a Comment