Well hello there Monday, fancy seeing you again. What an adventure of a weekend. Started off Friday being totally psyched that the hubs and I had a sitter for Saturday so we could have a date night. We only really go out a few times a year, and we save them for nights when there is something fun we can do with our friends. This time around it was a Night at the Races fundraiser for our oldest daughter's soccer club. Excited! Packed the fam up Friday night and hit the mall for a little shopping. I wanted to find something special to wear since I only get these date nights every few months. I found a great little sequin top, my oldest got her new winter coat (just in time as the temps are going to DROP tomorrow), the hubs even contemplated a new pair of jeans when tragedy struck. My sweet little wee one says "Mommy, my tummy hurts." She got a little snack and felt better for a bit, then while in line to pay for my fab top I hear my husband call me. Mini me was in his arms throwing up in the aisle at Macy's. I ran over to her, comforted the poor baby and got her into the bathroom. We got cleaned up, and I tried to explain what happened. She has never had a stomach bug. In all her three years she has never thrown up like this. She was scared and confused, and then kept apologizing. "I'm sorry I frew up in Macy's mommy." Oh be still my heart.
So we all get as cleaned up as we can, pack back into the car and head home. The whole way home baby bear keeps apologizing but saying how much better she feels. Get home, get a bath, get jammied up, and then she runs around like a wild woman. About an hour later, she asks Daddy to take her to the potty and, yep, you guessed it...poor baby got sick again. I help Dadoo in calming and cleaning up, take her upstairs and we get fresh jammies on, a garbage can, a stuffty, a towel, some tissue and make our fort in bed for the night. Baby bear all snuggled up with me in the big bed. Daddy brought up ice water, ginger ale and saltines. She calmy falls asleep to the classic film Overboard (a secret fav of mine) only to wake up crying a half an hour later for one more empty out. My poor, poor baby.
Saturday morning, on the phone with Papa, have baby sitter on stand by. Dadoo goes to run some errands, and ends up back at the mall. Afraid that they would recognize him and kick him out as "The man with the puking kid" in Macy's he heads to a different mall from the night before. Little bear finally wakes up and is good as new. Asks for eggs and sausage for breakfast, eats it all up and is ready for the world. DATE NIGHT ON! Call the hubs and he cotinues to finish errands. When he gets home, little one is napping...big one is playing the computer in her room, and I am cleaning. Dadoo has gotten himself a stylish new sweater for our date (glad I'm not the ONLY one who wants to dress to impress)...he also got a shirt and some pants for the big one...and two adorable skirts and a shirt for the little one. Baby bear LOVES skirts so this went a long way in the feeling better department. Once awake, she immediatly had to change into one of the new skirts and top.
Had a GREAT date night with my hubby. Dinner, drinks, dancing and lots of laughs. So grateful for our few times out together. They aren't so frequent that we take them for granted, and aren't so few that we are strangers.
How was your weekend???
How about a little Friend Making Monday?!?! I know right, its been a while since I got my lazy butt moving on the ole FMM! Enjoy!!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
What’s in Your Fridge?
1. List a few common items that can always be found in your fridge. Yogurt, milk, soy milk (we are a half and half lactose intolerant family), cheese slices, carrots, ketchup (staple), juice boxes, and fruit of all kinds varying on season.
2. What kind of milk do you drink? Baby bear and I drink Horizon Organic 2%, Dadoo and the big girl drink Very Vanilla Soy dream.
3. Do you prefer fresh or frozen vegetables? FRESH!!!
4. What do you currently have to drink in the fridge? Juice boxes, milk, iced tea, cherry coke zero and a few coors lights.
5. How often do you clean out your refrigerator? Not as often as we should.
6. What’s the healthiest thing in it right now? Fresh fruit and veggies, or the milk...not sure.
7. What’s the most unhealthy thing in it right now? Definitely the beer-have to stick with Kenlie's answer.
8. What do you wish you had in it that you don’t have now? Greek yogurt. We are all out right nw and only have the Gogurt that the kids eat.
9. How often do you shop for groceries? At least once a week.
10. What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? The mustard selection. We have liek 3 kinds and we aren't even big mustard eaters.
Bonus: If you could choose one thing to put in the fridge and make it calorie-free what would it be? My hubby's homemade Lasagna a la Paula Dean. Delish but sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for you.
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to answer the questions and come back to post a link in the comments section! Happy Monday!