Monday, November 19, 2012

Full of Thanks

     What an amazing weekend we had here in lean, mean state 17!  We have been lucky enough to get sporadic bouts of unseasonably warm weather, and I am loving it!!  Definitely helps to put me into the spirit of Thanksgiving.  We got lots of holiday crafts done this weekend, managed to purchase the first of many Christmas gifts, and spent the majority of the day outside in the sunshine yesterday.  We got up early and made homemade pumpkin pancakes, then Little Bear and I played on the swing set, tossed the ball around the front yard, and spent a good deal of time working on her fairy field journal (a la Tinkerbell and The Great Fairy Rescue).  After getting some leaves and flowers to tape down in our journal, Dadoo and I took turns helping draw pictures of fairies and bumble bees and lady bugs, etc.  Dadoo even had enough time while we played ball to organize the garage enough for me to pull my car in again.  HOORAY!!  That is nor small feat. 
     I have so much to be thankful for and yesterday was a great reminder of that.  On tap for tonight haircuts (hopefully) and manicures.  What will Dadoo do?  Bask in the glow of  his three beauties. :)

Now for a little Friend Making Monday!




 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Thanksgiving Edition

 

1. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?  Not so much, whether we go to family’s houses or not we always have a full turkey dinner at home during the Thanksgiving weekend so we can enjoy our own leftovers.  We generally stay home though and enjoy the day with the kiddos.

2. List at least three dishes that are on your family's table every year. Sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce and turkey!!!

3. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie?  I prefer pumpkin, but the hubs likes my homemade pecan.  This year we are doing desserts at a friend’s house and are taking chocolate and strawberry pies.

4. Will you watch football on Thanksgiving Day?  No, we are not really football people in our house.  Now soccer is a whole different story.

5. Do you plan to exercise Thursday?  Not on Thursday…I do plan to try and offset Thursday damage though over the rest of the long weekend.

6. Do you prefer ham or turkey?  For Thanksgiving I prefer turkey…I like to enjoy ham at Christmas. J

7. Will you shop on Black Friday?  Two of my girlfriends and I are contemplating it…it would have to REALLY be worth my while though.

8. Do you take a nap on Thanksgiving?  I don’t but the hubs and the lil one do.

9. Share one dish that probably won't be on anyone else's table.  Hmmmmm hard one…we do most of the traditional stuff…no one else will have the version of biscuit my hubby is going to attempt.  He is a master in the kitchen, but biscuits have always been his nemesis.  We shall see…more to come on that later.

10. What are you thankful for today?  I am thankful for my family.  We have been through a lot and only become stronger each day, and so full of love.  That goes for my hubby and the kids, as well as my parents and brother and aunts and cousins.  I am truly blessed.

 Now it's your turn to post the questions on your blog!  Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, and happy Thanksgiving!

 


Post a Comment