Monday, October 1, 2012

Where's My Cape?


So, how many of you want to conquer everything but just dont' have the hours in the day or the stamina to do it all?  I am constantly jealous of my BFF who is a stay at home mom.  Her house is always clean, her scrapbooks are all caught up, she works out when she wants to...I WANT THAT!  But, my situation is not the same as hers...I work full time and my children are in more activities then hers and life is just different for the two of us.  I dont' begrudge her anything, I just wish I had a cape some days and the superhero ability to do it all.

This comes on the heels of a weekend in which , yes I indulged a bit, but not in excess as far as I thought...yet the scale seemed to think otherwise.  I was SHOCKED this morning when I got on the scale...shocked I say.  My hubs always tells me that I have to move the scale around and check a few times and take the "average" because our calibration is sometimes sub-par...but this was not just a calibration issue.  This was a full on assault of the numbers.  I mean, wow.  WTH! 

I have been feeling "doughy" lately, as that is the only word that seems suitable.  But I had a great week at the gym...well, two weeks ago.  I know I need to be better, and should have been building oin that momentum and moving onward and upward last week, but schedules and need for sleep got the better of me.  I even was at a point where I was craving comfort style food and embraced that in my cooking last week (although, I am SUPER proud of my version of beef stroganoff that I made).

So, this morning when I saw those numbers staring back at me I knew it was time to take charge and jump start this body of mine.  First plan of attack, I made myself a sensible breakfast.  I made 2 eggs to start my day off with a burst of protein and had a small glass of OJ.  I even went through the cabinet and got my vitamins out to hopefully help kick my sleepiness.  I made sure to log everything with myfitnesspal.com (something I have also been slacking in) and packed a sensible lunch with controlled portions.  It's a start.  I am hoping that the hubs gets out of work early enough to relieve me at soccer practice and maybe I can even get a workout in tonight.  I may need to think about getting up earlier and trying to workout before work.  It just means I will be going to bed earlier...which means getting the little one to bed earlier...so that is actually a good thing, right?!?!  I still need to find time though where I can have some QT with the hubs.  Where is that cape again????

So my request to you is to help keep me going, keep me challenged.  I am going to make sure I have time each day to "come clean" to you...or sing my own praises...hopefully more of the latter.  I need to get back on track so I can start feeling good about myself again.  When I feel good, I can see my positive energy radiate out through my kiddos and husband and it makes the world a brighter place, well, my world anyways. 

With that being said...what is your challenge to me this week?  I am going to ask you to help me.  Be more than just my inspiration and source of accountability...be my virtual trainers and chefs.  I implore you!!

Now for a little Friend Making Monday, even I need something a little lighter after all that :)


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Uniquely You

1) Do you prefer to talk or text? Lately I would say I prefer to text, as I can do it anywhere and feel like I’ve been running all the time from activity to activity.

2) How often do you make your bed? I make it every day, but generally after work.  When I leave in the morning for work everyone in my house is asleep…so one of the things I do after work is make beds….absolutely makes the room look better.  If my youngest is in my bed when I leave, I will go make her bed so as to feel like at least 1 room is pulled together.  I have that fear of someone wanting to stop by for a surprise visit and get a whole house tour…not sure whey!

3) What sounds do you hear right now? The water cooler in my office and the keyboard as I type.

4) List three things that you always carry with you. Pictures of my kids, my iPhone and my lipstick.

5) What are your favorite TV shows? While my TV time is limited to what I tape and watch when I can…I do have a few guilty pleasure shows…Drop Dead Diva, Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, Bones and Pretty Little Liars.

6) Is there a hobby that you’d like to devote more time to? If so, what is it?  I wish I had more time (and funds) to scrapbook the way I’d like to.  I also want to learn to knit (properly), crochet and sew.

7) What is your favorite drink? Cherry Coke Zero.

8) Share a couple of cool facts about your family. My girls look exactly alike at age markers (meaning my 3 year old looks just like my 11 year old did at 3), my husband is just as much of a neat freak as me, I try to talk to my mom and dad a few times a week and although he may not know it, if something were to ever happen to my husband and me my little brother is the person I would want to take over care of my children.

9) List one thing that you will do for yourself today. Get back on track!

10) Share something that you’re thankful for today. My family, as I am every day.  I am a very lucky girl!

Now it's your turn to answer this week's questions! Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments. And try to say something to someone new this week. There are some pretty cool people connected here. Happy Monday, friends!


Post a Comment