Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Update

  Well, we had a crazy, exciting and family filled weekend.  As I posted on Friday, the little one and I were completely SPOILED by my parents and brother.   We had a "girls night" after the wedding rehearsal with Mimi and went and got our nails done.  It was the little ones first time at the nail salon and I dare say we will have MANY more trips in our future.  The ladies there all fawned all over her, let her do whatever she wanted and she got to use multiple colors and sparkles.  There were a bunch of girls there as well for homecoming, and they all seemed pretty smitten with the cute little three year old.
     As her flower girl gift, my cousin have her a pair of sparkly silver shoes (which ended up being too big...so Mimi took her out before the wedding and bought another new pair of silver sparkle shoes), she got a beautiful headband with some bling on it, a pair of clip one earrings to match the big girls, a little skirt and shirt that said "flower girl" in rhinestones, and a cute little bag with her initial on it.  Sinc we hadn't been involved early on, I took a  stab at a dress for her and we were hoping the color matched.  It was PERFECT!  She had a little basket full of petals and (with some bribery involving candy) made it all the way down the aisle.
my little flower girl

     As we sat down to eat dinner at the reception, my hubs called to say he was on his way to the hospital.  WHAT?!?!?  He had an incident with a saw and his forearm and was going to the ED  This is a fear factor thing for me.  My hubs works at a college in the theatre department and is in charge of building sets.  He works with power tools all the time, but I hate knowing that sometimes he works late (IE by himself) to get things done.  I always worry about him getting hurt and not having someone there to help.  what if he cuts off an arm and....never mind, I can't even go there.  Anyways, he calls and is on his way to the ED.  So, wee one and I are an hour and a half away getting ready to eat....literally.  I get her fed, try and call the ED to follow up and see if I can get a progress report and they had moved him and couldn't tell me anymore than that.  So we loaded up in my parents and drove back to our house.  By the time we were getting off the turnpike, the hubs called and had been released...13 stitches later. 

     So, since my car was still at my parents (as well as all our stuff...make up, clothes for dance class, coats) we were in a it of a lurch Saturday morning when it was time to go to dance.  Plus I had a sad Mimi and Papa since they were robbed of a sleepover night.  So wee one and I packed up early for dance with the thought that we would buy a new leo at the studio before class.  Of course, none in her size.  Geez...so we get home, my parents call that they are coming up to my house so we eat a quick snack and wait for Mimi and Papa.

     We had a good day.  Lunch at Olive Garden (soup and salad...keeping it healthy), then shopping at Target.  I got a new duvet cover for my bed as a birthday gift, wee one got a glitter pumpkin for her room, a new Halloween bucket from World Market.  She had fun.

     Yesterday we got a few new outfits for the cold weather (need to be warm and stylish in pre-school you know)...then we cleaned, napped, did laundry and touched up some paint.  A nice, relaxing day; also a perfect segue into this week's Friend Making Monday!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!


Inside Your Home

1.    Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house? House

 

2.    What is your home's coolest feature? When our neighborhood was built (1947) the contractor’s house was the house we now live in, so it has a lot of cool features like granite window sills, and niches in the wall.  We have fab arched doorways downstairs and a true “room” feel.  I love that part!  So many newer homes are open floor plans and I like the traditional room idea myself.

 

 

3.    Do you enjoy DIY projects? If so, what are you working on now? LOVE them!  We have a tendency to start too many at once though.  Current projects going on in our house: tiling the hallway (all that is left is the pantry), hard wood installation in our family room (we did half the room to leave half carpeted and are not sure if we want to continue or keep as is, looks good but we need to put molding back either way.  Projects that are on our list (some are wish list items) tear down wallpaper border in hallway and re-paint, re-paint the three year old’s room (time to let the nursery go), re-paint the eleven year old’s room (because how could we do her sisters and not hers, re-roof garage, new windows, new front porch, sliding glass doors to pergola out back (pergola IS built already), blown in insulation…that’s enough to make me happy, sad and frustrated all at once.

 

4.    When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid? WE use the gel packs…best of both worlds.  I think the glasses all look better with the packs then either powder or liquid alone.  I am really excited b/c for Christmas this year my parents are buying both my brother and my hubs and me new dishwashers. 

 

5.    Do you have a TV in your bedroom? Yes…couldn’t’ fall asleep without it.

 

6.    Is your range gas or electric? Gas,  It’s nice too because when we first bought our house we had  a lot of power outages in our neighborhood, some were lengthy, but with the gas stove and range we were always able to cook. (turns out there was a rogue tree branch that yours truly found and we haven’t had power issues since outside of storms).

 

 

7.    How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? Daily…I have a dog that sheds like it is her job and it seems that this is being taken as a challenge by the cat and I find hair everywhere all the time. 

 

8.    What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? Hmmm hard one.  Before kids I would say Pier One and Pottery Barn….since kids Target, Ikea, we have a cool hotel liquidator by us too that is open to the public 1 day a week and you can find lamps for $5, framed art, mirrors, desks, dressers…anything you can think of in a hotel suite…all for decent $$$.

 

9.    Do you decorate for holidays? YES!!  It’s one of my fav things.  I decorate for all the big ones…Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas…but decorating for winter is my fav.  Winter d├ęcor can go up after turkey day with your Santa stuff but can stay up until Valentine’s Day.  It’s all the fun chubby little snowmen (LOVE) and snowflakes. I have gotten good at adding fun stuff around the house for birthdays and other random events too with the help of my cricut. 

 

 




 

 

10. If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose? Hard one…there are parts of each room that I can think of that I would like to have redone…but if I had to choose I think it would be the backyard/garage area.  I would LOVE to have an attached garage like I did when I was a kid…this would be nicer in bad weather and make our backyard seem bigger.  It also needs to be raised and evened out (it has a low spot) and I would like it to be fenced in so we could just let the little one and the dog go out and run.  My husband has done a GREAT job with the pergola and built an awesome play area for the girls, but there is just some stuff that we need more help with out there.

 

Now it's your turn to answer this week's questions! Don't forget to come back and link up in the comments. Happy Monday, friends!

Post a Comment