Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let me Hear that Cabbage Roll

     I am very excited for the next few days.  It has been a good week so far, and I am hoping to get on the computer tomorrow for the "official" Feel Good Friday post, but just in case I wanted to sing some praises today.
     My cousin is getting married tomorrow, and my sweet little peanut has been cast in the role of flower girl.  We will see how this goes.  The girls in my family are notorious at being terrible flower girls.  Not that the intentions aren't good, but there have been a few weddings where the beautifully dressed flower girl never makes it down the aisle.  Being that my little one JUST turned three, I am feeling like she may join the ranks of her family members.  Only time will tell.  She does have a gorgeous little dress to wear, so if nothing else she will look good. :)  Anywho...with this wedding since it is happening during the week, I get a 3 day weekend and the wee one and I are staying at my parents for the next two nights.  I can't even remember the last time OI stayed the night at my folks house.  My mom is SO excited she has given the guest room a complete face lift, gotten me my beloved pumpkin spice k cups for her keurig, and has made appointments for the three of us to get our nails done tonight after rehearsal.  Have I mentioned before how girly the three year old id and how she has not been able to stop talking about the nail salon since Mimi told her two days ago?!??!!  There will be pictures to come.
     On top of that, I have been diligently adding all my food and exercise into myfitnesspal.com again.  I haven't been under my goal EVERYday, but am getting closer.  I got in a great domestic workout yesterday.  I spent three hours scrubbing my entire house clean.  Vacuuming, dusting, windexing, laundering...you name it, I did it.  I even cleaned ceiling fans.  I got everything sparkly and fresh smelling and then the little one and I spent the early part of the evening decorating for Halloween.  I even got my new message board hung for this month:


     The final part of my day yesterday was I finally attempted to make stuffed cabbage rolls.  I found  a great recipe on allrecipes.com and where I have never made these before I felt that a 223 calorie recipe seemed pretty good, and then I substituted ground turkey for the beef so that should have shaved a few more calories off, right?

my cabbage leaves boiling in salted water...look at that beautiful green color
ground turkey, onion, rice, tomato soup, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning

getting ready for the oven
the final product

 
     I think for a first attempt they were pretty good.  I will experiment more next time.  Maybe add a little Italian sausage in with the turkey for flavor or try a flavored rice.  All in all, I was happy with the turnout.  The hubs thought they looked great and he was pleased with the taste as well.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself.
    
    
Post a Comment