|My sweet 3 year old|
|some of the festive decor|
Sunday was the actual birthday and we celebrated by doing one of my most favorite fall activities...APPLE PICKING! I love going to the orchard and picking fresh apples. We even got a few raspberries this year as well. What made the timing of this so perfect as well is that I have a friend who I have known for many years, and thanks to the world wide web, we have been able to re-connect over the past few years. I have mentioned hr here many times before, it's my dear friend Kelly from No Thanks To Cake. Kelly is having a wonderful family vacation right now before heading off to Fitbloggin 2012 and she asked me a few weeks ago to write a guest blog on her site. I was THRILLED! It is my first "guest blogger" experience and I certainly hope it won't be my last. Anyways, I digress. When I sat down to write my post for NTTC, I automatically went to my fav fall thing...the apples and birthdays! I had a blast watching the kids climb and pick yesterday, and if you have an extra minute...check out my post, Seasons Change, To Cake today...and check out the whole site if you haven't yet. It is Fabulous with a capital FAB!
|my wonderful family at the orchard...by far the best "pick" of the day|
So to recap, successful birthday weekend, apple picking, guest blogging, and great workout...what's missing this crazy Monday, well of course my Friend Making Monday update. Here you go...and here's to an amazing week for all of us! Can't wait to see what kind of updates I get on Friday for Feel Good Friday...I am already making my list.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship? Haven’t met anyone through the blog, but started mine off of the inspiration of someone I already knew.
2. Most bloggers have a specific niche. What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? Certain family dynamics (in-laws and ex’s).
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? Not sure…I read a few daily…In have already met Kelly from No Thanks To Cake (have known her for MANY years), but would love a reunion! I think it would be great to meet you Kenlie! I love reading your blog! I also wouldn’t mind a face to face with Gina at SkinnyTaste!
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose? Facebook…hands down. I haven’t really delved into Twitter yet, so it’s still a foreign concept to me.
5. Do you vlog (video blog?) Not yet J
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? Most days probably 2-3, sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on what is happening during the day.
7. What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? Another soccer mom I am friends with has a blog Joan Satow where she showcases her artwork, and recently she has posted some BEAUTIFUL pieces of our town. I just love it!
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? I’m not sure…that will take some pondering.
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin? If not, would you? I haven’t, but I think it would be fun to get out and connect IRL with other bloggers, and meet some of my faves!
10. In the past I have asked why you blog. Now I want to know why you read blogs? What do you take from it? Advice, support, ideas. It’s a safe space where you can interact with people with common goals and not worry about distance or time zones.
Have a great week everyone!!