Friday, September 28, 2012

Feel Good Friday...the birthday edition

Happy Friday dear ones!  We have made it to the end of another week, and what a week it's been.  I am feeling good because the birthday festivities are almost over.  Is that terrible?  I feel like I have have been caked, doughnutted and cookied into a sugar coma.  Granted I have indulged in all in moderation, but you still reach a point where enough is enough.  My wonderful family made cookies early in the week (oatmeal raisin...so they were healthy really right ?!?!), then we did cake and ice cream on the big day, then at work yesterday we celebrated as a team and had doughnuts (major weakness of mine, I think all that is left is the festivities with my mom, dad and bro...plus hubs and kiddos of course...maybe I can talk them into a nice fruit plate? 

My "feel good" for this Friday is being happy with and accepting my new "number."  Not the one on the scale of course (especially after all the treats) but the one that bumps me up to a whole new age bracket in the survey world.  I am actually really happy with where I am in life right now, and the choices I am making everyday.  I think that being able to accept ourselves is one f the hardest things to do.  Am I done?  NEVER!  As I have been saying all year, I am a work in progress...that's how this all began!

Did I mention that I rocked my own version of Beef Stroganoff last night for the fam?  Not the healthiest...but it's my birthday week and I had never made it...and I have been craving comfort type foods all week....stupid cold rainy days. 

What are you Feeling Good about this Friday?


Take a sec and tell us your Feel Good Friday story on your blog and link it back up here in the comments section! Invite your readers to share as well. 

Post a Comment