According to Wikipedia, the number 35 is important for the following reasons:
- 35 is the sum of the first five triangular numbers, making it a tetrahedral number.
- 35 is the number of ways that three things can be selected from a set of seven unique things also known as the "combination of seven things taken three at a time".
- 35 is a centered cube number, a pentagonal number and a pentatope number.
- 35 is a highly cototient number, since there are more solutions to the equation x - φ(x) = 35 than there are for any other integers below it except 1.
- There are 35 free hexominoes, the polyominoes made from six squares.
- Since the greatest prime factor of 352 + 1 = 1226 is 613, which is obviously more than 35 twice, 35 is a Størmer number.
- 35 is a discrete semiprime (or biprime) (5 × 7); the tenth, and the first with 5 as the lowest non-unitary factor. The aliquot sum of 35 is 13 this being the second composite number with such an aliquot sum; the first being the cube 27. 35 is the last member of the first triple cluster of semiprimes 33,34,35. 85,86,87 is the second such triple discrete semiprime cluster.
- 35 is the highest number one can count to on one's fingers using base 6.
I look at how much my life has changed in the past 10 year, 5 years, heck even in the past year and I am so proud of the woman I am becoming. I actually put my health and well being towards the very top of my list of priorities. Ten years ago I celebrated with my (now) hubby by hitting the bar with friends and drinking and smoking the night away. Now, I woke up early to get a jump on the day and plan to celebrate tonight by surprising my family with a new recipe and getting in a workout. Oh how times they are a changin!
I got to celebrate my birthday eve at the federal courthouse waiting to find out if I was going to have to serve on a jury. I LITERALLY spent all day there. I was called at 715 am, they released us for lunch at 1130am (after having only sat in the waiting area for those 4 long hours) then returned to wait for another hour and half before being called up to the actual courtroom. The good news I guess is that I got to listento my latest book on tape while I waited...Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big; Or, Why Pie Is Not the Answer. I feel like I must have been living under a rock for the past few years having never read (neigh even heard of) Jen Lancaster...and now two books in I'm not sure what I did before her. Anyways, I digress (seems to be happening a lot). I was able to be dismissed from service since I am a primary care provider for my kiddos and this case, they are estimating, will take 5 weeks maybe longer. I am all about doing your civil duty but who can take that kind of time from work and family?!?! I will take my dismissal gratefully and perhaps send President Obama and VP Biden a thank you card for the early birthday present. I have to say, having spent all day at the courthouse staring at their pics...Joe Biden has a GREAT smile, don'tcha think?
So happy birthday to me...hopefully I can keep getting healthier and fitter so as to enjoy the 2nd anniversary of 35 years down the road!