Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh Universe...you're talking to ME?!?!


     Have you ever had one of those days where you think the universe really is noticing you and trying to get a point across.  I just mentioned the other day how cyclical I am in my motivation.  I find something and latch on 110% and then other things tend to fall to the wayside.  Well today, the universe gave me a push in the right direction.  I was EXHAUSTED last night after work and was actually hoping that the hubs was going to take the little one to soccer practice for the big one.  I thought, if he does that I can try and muster up the energy to work out.  By the time he got home, he looked even more tired than I felt...so guess who ended up at practice with a 2 year old in tow.  That's right, this girl.
     It worked out well for him though because he got a nap in, made dinner and then when I was ready to crash, he stayed up and HE worked out.  (I had mentioned the workout idea, and I'm glad at least 1 of us got to do it).  Anyways, this morning I was starting to feel that nudge of guilt again for having gone SO long without a workout.  I get it world, I should be working out and I;m not and I feel bad about it.  I will try and get it together.
     Then, I open up my google reader today and find a post from an old friend (old as in from childhood, not age...we are fabulously young still if you ask me) all about staying motivated.  It's even called Staying Motivated, it doesn't get more clear cut then that.  Thanks universe...the self induced guilt was good, but this pushes me a bit more.  I get it!
     Next, yes next...I get an email update from Fitness Magazine where the subject line is: Outsmart your Inner Slacker.  Really?!?!  As if the subject line wasn't enough of a giant billboard telling me I've been lazy, the contents are 12 steps to get going-many of which I already know!  Roger that universe!  I hear you, 10-4 good buddy! 
     Needless to say, I will be sure to make time tonight to get in some sort of workout, even if it's just a walk around the neighborhood with the hubs and kiddo, or a bike ride, or one of my actual workout DVD's...I will do it.  I'm actually a bit afraid of what might happen if I don't. :)



Post a Comment