Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Getting Hot in Here

     I have said it a million times in my blog, my hubby does the cooking in our house.  He always has.  He is an excellent cook, and I am VERY lucky that he has always enjoyed cooking...until recently.  Our schedules have been so crazy lately and the kids have been so finicky about what they want to eat that he has not enjoyed cooking.  We have ordered a lot of meals recently as well as done "boxed" meals as he refers to them.  Looking forward to the fall semester and what it brings for his schedule and it looks as though one of the goals that I set for myself SO many months ago with the start of the new year will get forced into fruition.  I had hoped to try and cook 1 meal a week.  Some weeks I do more than that, but more often than not I don't really do any at all.  This is my time to step up to the plate.  To give him a much deserved and much needed break from the kitchen and try my and at this whole "family chef" idea.  I am excited, but also nervous.  My husband is SO good in the kitchen, I don't want to disappoint, but I think he will be happy if I embrace this new challenge.  All I can hope is to make it past the appetizer round, right?

So, if you have some great low cal recipes that do not require formal culinary training :) please forward them on.  My eRecipe collection needs filled.  Thanks!

And now...a little Friend Making Monday!  If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Inappropriate Questions

 1. Will you vote in the upcoming presidential election?  YES!!  It is our civic duty as well as a privilege to have our voices heard!

2. Do you say curse words? Does a bear sh*t in the woods?!?!  HA

3. Have you ever kissed a stranger? Nope.

4. If you could choose to meet only one fellow blogger in person right now who would you choose? I’m still so new to the blogging world that I’m not sure.  I love having people stop by my blog and enjoy doing the same…right now Kenlie, you are a MUST read every day!

5. What is the most inappropriate pick-up line that anyone has ever used on you?  Honestly, I can’t think of any.  I wasn’t the type of girl that got a lot of the lines…my friends seemed to, but not me so much.

6. Do you sing in the shower?  Sometimes.  If it’s in the AM when getting ready for work no, just because I don’t’ want to wake the whole house. J

7. How often do you get drunk?  Maybe once or twice a year.

8. Have you ever been fired from a job?  I was a contracted worker once and didn’t get the contract renewed…does that count?  It was after 3 years though and was the impetus I needed to expand my horizons.

9. Were you popular in high school?  There were only 500 kids in my high school…so everyone was popular. Hee hee

10. Who is your current celebrity crush? Don’t really have one…how sad is that?!?
Post a Comment