Monday, July 9, 2012

Friend Making Monday:Summertime


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Summertime

1. What is your favorite thing about Summer? I love having my kiddos home and all their activities slowing down so we can just have fun.  Plus summer means family vacation!!!

2. What is your favorite outdoor activity? I love to just watch the kids play in the yard or at the pool.  Soccer tournaments are also a favorite in the summer.

3. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be too hot or too cold? That’s a hard one, I guess too hot.  When I was a kid we didn’t have AC until I was in high school so I know how to cope with too hot.  Not sure I could make it through a day of winter without heat.

4. Does your appetite increase or decrease during warmer months? Does it stay the same?  Mostly the same, although if I am outside a lot and it’s too hot it does decrease.  Sometimes you just feel too hot and gross even to eat.

5. What is your favorite seasonal Summer fruit? We are HUGE watermelon fans at our house, but I also love all the fresh veggies and berries that summer brings.  This year has been especially fun as my youngest has been willing to try SO many new foods. 

6. Would you prefer to spend a hot summer day at the mall or at a swimming pool? Pool hands down.  The kids and I have been having a blast there this summer with their friends!

7. Are you more likely to tan or sunburn? In the past I have always been a burn then tan girl regardless of SPF.  This summer though I have been diligent about the SPF 50 (same as the kiddos) and I am actually nice and brown.  Glad I’m not burning but worried that I am still getting so much color at SPF50.  I remember being a kid and using SPF4.

8. How does your routine change when summer begins? I do far less driving because the kid’s activities stop for the summer (at least from mid-June through mid-August).  Also, we pull the little one out of daycare and my hubby stays home with them during the day and I am home in the afternoons and early evenings so our “all together” time adjusts some during the week.  It’s a blessing though how much quality time we each are able to have with the girls.

9. What is the temperature outside where you are today? Today is only supposed to be 85, much nicer than Saturdays 102.

10.  What is your favorite summer holiday? No favorite…just enjoy summer!

Now it's your turn.  Don't forget to post the answers on your own blog, then come back and link up in the comments!  Happy Monday, Friends!
Post a Comment