Monday, May 14, 2012

Under the Knife

     Well readers, I am sorry I have been so late in getting back to you.  Last week was crazy busy at work and with Get Fit America week, I was busting my butt getting to the gym and working out everyday.  I have been trying to squeeze in as much exercise as possible before this Friday when I have surgery.  Yep, it's confirmed and booked.  I am going to have a small wedge of bone removed from my foot and a fancy titanium screw put in it's place.  I am not looking forward to this at all.  I have had surgery before.  I am without an appendix and wisdom teeth, and my sweet little lady was a C-section, but I'm nervous about this one.  I guess maybe because I didn't think it would happen so quickly when the option was first brought up.  When I had my appendix it was part of an overall exploratory surgery and it had been months building up to that point so surgery had been an option but was last on the list.  We exhausted everything else, so I knew.  Wisdom teeth...doesn't everyone know that they have to got through that one.  It's the people that DON'T have to have them out that are surprised I think.  And with my c-section, I had a 4 week warning that that would be the case, so I was able to prepare myself mentally.  This is a week.  A week!  Luckily my hubby was already planning to be home so that's taken care of, and I am able to take a lot of work home with me so I don't have to take all that sick time...it's just, geez...surgery!
     I am trying to stay positive about it.  I do have a bunch of "non-standing" work out options ready to go.  I am getting the work stuff in order.  I'm more worried about making sure I can keep up with the kiddos.  It will be fine, I'm sure.  It just stinks.
     I did enjoy my classes last week!  Spinning is much harder than I thought (especially on your tushy with those seats OUCH).  I also made it to Pilate's and got a great few miles in on the treadmill.  Life happens and sadly I didn't make it to all the classes I had hoped to, but I did workout everyday; so I am both proud and happy with that.
     Now...on to FMM :)


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)

1. What is your current relationship status?  Are you happy with that status?  I am married and quite happy.  I look at my hubby and still get the same butterflies I did when I first met him.
2. Do you find it enjoyable to take care of someone in addition to yourself, or do you prefer to be responsible only for yourself?  I enjoy taking care of someone else.  It’s part of what I love about being a mom too.  It’s nice knowing too that someone is going to take care of me when I need it.
3.  What's the most important physical characteristic in your mate/potential mate?  I have always been prone to eyes and teeth.  Not sure why the teeth, but I always check them out…and eyes, we they ARE the window to the soul aren’t they? J
4. What's the most important (non-physical) characteristic in your mate/potential mate?  This cannot be summed up in 1 trait…if I was narrowing it down to tops though I would have to say honest and loving.
5. Is it important to you that your significant other have the same hobbies and interests as you?  NO!  We have common interests of course and share those, but it is also exciting to share each other’s interests…things we wouldn’t have normally done.  Diverse interests also help us maintain of sense of self.  My hubby doesn’t scrapbook with me, but he buys me little things to support my hobby. 
6. If you could go out on a date with a celebrity who would it be?  Honestly, I can’t think of anyone.  In a past life I would have answered George Clooney, but now…I don’t know.  I’m pretty happy with the fella I have.
7. What's your idea of a good first date?  I have always thought a low-key lunch time picnic in the park would have been a great first date.  You re outside enjoying the day and have plenty of opportunity to get to know each other without the all the formality that sometimes comes with a first date.  If the weather was off…a lunch date at a casual restaurant maybe.  The expectations seem less with lunch to me.
8. Are there any traits/habits that you'd consider a deal breaker?  Abusive in any way, shape or form.  You can tell a lot about someone by how they talk about others.
9. Okay ladies...Facial Hair: Yes, or No?  I’d have to say yes…I’m trying to think now if I have ever seen my hubby EVER without some form of facial hair.
10.  Would you marry someone who is opposed to diamond engagement rings?  Never!  My engagement ring is a mix of diamonds and sapphires (my birth stone).  I love that he tied some traditional in with someone that is important to me. 
11. What do you wish you could do differently in your next relationship?  I do not plan on having any other relationships (at least no other romantic ones). 
12. Is there anyone from your past that you'd like to date again now? No, I am happy with where life has brought me.  Also, I think people come in and out of your life for a reason, so they aren’t there any more for a reason.
13. Describe your worst first date story ever.  Well, I have known the guys I’ve dated generally before dating them so there wasn’t really an opportunity for a WORST story.  I did however go out with this one guy in college…we got along really well and I didn’t want to screw that up but he kept asking so I finally said ok.  Half way through the date he leaned in to kiss me and we both burst out laughing-we knew that moving to the date level wasn’t right at that point.  J
14. Describe the perfect date with your significant other.   I don’t think I believe in a PERFECT date.  Any time we are together is good.  I’m actually happiest though when it is the 2 of us with our 2 girls just laughing and having fun as a family.  That is perfect!
15.  Would you date someone shorter than you? At 5’2”, it’s never even come up.
16. Share one (or a few) bonus traits that would be fun to find in a significant other (even if they aren't as important as other traits.)  Good question, I’ll have to think about this one…
17. What's one thing you'd like to do with a significant other that you've never done with another?  Train and exercise…in the past this was a pretty solitary thing, it’s nice to share it with someone.
18.  PDA: Yes, or No?  As long as it’s PG it’s ok…I use my 10 year old as a base line.  If she would be embarrassed, it’s not ok.
19. Do you kiss on the first date? I did with my hubs
20. Who, if anyone, makes your heart flutter?  My husband does.  My children do too, but in a different way.

Post a Comment