Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moving Forward


     I found this on the Internet and thought...this is a MUST for my blog!  It's so perfect!  You can't wait!  You must make things happen!  This is a HUGE part of what I want my blog to impart on people.  I have waited and passed up opportunities out of fear.  No more I tell you!  I have taken control of my life.  I admit, there have been some set backs (possible foot surgery, I will hopefully know more today), but in the past something like that would have derailed me.  I would have given up on trying to run that 5K, or said, well, There goes my workout regime.  Not this time, not this girl! I have a plan in place, and have already started working to make it happen.
     As I mentioned in my last blog, I have signed up for a bunch of free classes this week as part of Get Fit America week.  Sadly, I missed the muscle conditioning class yesterday because I had two sick kiddos, but I took advantage of nap time and got in a good Pilate's workout.  Today I am going to try my first ever spinning class.  I am actually really excited.  A few of my friends have done spinning and swear by it...we will see.  I know it will be a challenge, but I am ready for it!  Forty-five minutes of sweat inducing cycling...sounds like just the right cure for the rainy day blues.  I am also excited about the Pilate's mat class tomorrow.  I am hoping to get some good workout ideas from the mat class for in case I do have to have surgery. 
     That leads me to my plan.  I have been searching the library DVD collection and ordering things for the girls and myself.  The yoga DVD I bought has been such a huge hit (with both the 2 year old and the 10 year old) that I needed more for them.  I also wanted to start a small collection of workouts that would not require me being on my feet so that I can stay active in case I have this surgery.  I think that mat work will be my BFF for a while if that is the case.  Even as I type this out, I am still shocked at the person I have become.  I really want to stay on this healthier path.  I love that my whole family has made exercise a priority...even the toddler.  She absolutely loves doing her yoga, and when her big sis wanted to join in yesterday, it was like a party.  A happy, healthy, yoga party!
     If, by some stroke of good luck I don't have to have this foot surgery, I have already found a 5K to run the beginning of June.  SO see, I have all bases covered.  I will let you know what the doc says.
Post a Comment