Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kickin it up a notch

     So, today I feel like Emeril.  I think it's the boot camp workout.  It kind of makes me feel invincible.  I like the way that feels.  It pushes me to work harder and longer...I really need to kick it up a notch when I do boot camp.  I was talking to my workout buddy this morning (aka my boss) and put my foot down that I am going to take this 5K business seriously, so she needn't ask me what I want to do on our gym days, I will be on the treadmill pushing myself.  I know we only workout for about 20 minutes when we go (3 x's a week) but if I up my speed a bit I can cover more ground (figuratively since I'm on the treadmill).  I think this will help.  The further I can go each session, the closer I can get to that 3.2 mile goal, the better I will feel about signing up for the 5K here in town.  It is officially a month from today, and is for such a good cause, how can I not push myself to make this happen?!?!  It's to support anti-bullying in our local schools as well as healthy eating and exercise habits for our children.  To find out more, you can check out the Dash for Dignity.  I am psyched, I can do this.  My husband has been great too.  Every time I bring it up and if I sound like I am wavering at all, he tells me I can do it.  I want my girls to see how hard I am working and see me reach this goal.  It has been a long time coming. 
this is the t-shirt I can get for registering, designed by a local 7th or 8th grader
Post a Comment