Monday, April 2, 2012

Friend Making Monday (plus a few tidbits from the weekend)


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: all the weigh so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

When I was a kid…



  1. My parents told me…always told me they loved me.
  2. I wanted to grow up to be a…an attorney or a pediatrician.
  3. I refused to eat…squash.  It looked gross, and both my parents liked it so much how could it be good.  Today...one of my most FAVORITE veggies.  Any and all types of squash.
  4. My favorite thing to do outside was…ride my bike.  A renewed fav now with my own kiddos.
  5. I broke my…luckily nothing, butt here were several ankle sprains and twisted knees because of soccer and dance.
  6. I liked to wear…jeans and polo shirts were popular by the time I hit HS.
  7. My parents always…told me I could be or do anything I wanted.
  8. I thought that Santa was…magical.
  9. My favorite cartoon was...Jem.
  10. I was the…oldest.
  11. I got in trouble when…I was super mean to my lil bro.
  12. My bedroom was…pink and green and filled with girlie stuff until I started filling it with posters of Kirk Cameron.
  13. My favorite food was...not any real stand out favorites.
  14. My parents always made me…study.
  15. My first crush was…Brian Petroski in kindergarten.
  16. My favorite toy was…barbie for a LONG time.
  17. I thought school was…fun.  I loved school.
  18. My biggest fear was…tornadoes.
  19. My favorite story was…Great Expectations.  I read it in 4th grade and loved it.
  20. My favorite memories…sitting at the table for dinner EVERY night as a family.
Now it’s your turn!  Don’t forget to answer the questions on your blog and come back to link up in the comments!  Happy Monday!




Weekend updates....I am also proud to say that I braved the hotel gym this weekend.  I am SO glad I stuck to my workout.  I wasn't sure if I would do it after walking miles at the zoo...and I thought there was going to be pool time for me Saturday night (hubby and kids were out by the time I was done working out in the gym due to over-crowding in the pool area...baseball team and cheerleading competition at our hotel)...so the run was great.  My hubs took his DVD and worked out in the suite before dinner so we both stuck to our guns.  After all the walking Saturday, our workouts, some pool time Sunday morning, and walking all through the Science Center Sunday, we decided it was okay to take Sunday night off.  Well, his workout plan actually calls for a day off so I joined him.  I will be back at my Pilate's today when the lil one takes her nap and the big one (who is on spring break and just rolled out of bed at 10:30 will maybe join me).  I am also proud to report that we did our best to remain healthy in our food choices as well.  At the zoo we both opted for the grilled chicken sandwiches over the burgers and gave our girls the fries, well  most of them. :) 


I also read on a facebook page this weekend a quote that said something like "the only thing standing between you and a 5K is the voice in your head"...it was like finding a fortune cookie written just for me.  It totally has given me the push I needed.  I ran 2.5 miles at the hotel and KNOW i could have done the whole 3.2 if I wasn't crunched on time.  I was hoping to splash around with the girls so I cut it short.  Anyways...the training is on and I found a 5K in my neighborhood that is just over a month away.  I think it's time to sign up.  Keep me in your thoughts as I push myself through hoping for the best!
Post a Comment