Monday, April 16, 2012

Friend Making Monday-If life were a movie...

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

If life were a movie, which one would you want to live in?


This is a great question.  I LOVE MOVIES!  There are scenes in various flicks that I wish were my life moments...my biopic would be more of a montage of movie moments.  Here are a few of my own personal favs and how they would fit into my life as a movie...


Okay, so when it comes to the classic Meg Ryan ro-co, I am a junkie.  It all began with Inner Space, but You've Got Mail holds a special place in my heart.  There is something about this movie that makes me smile.  I think some of it could be because my hubby and I came out of relationships that just weren't the right fit for us, and we found each other through friendship and support to become what we are today.  In fact, when we first started dating I had to leave good ol' Ohio and go work for 5 weeks in NYC.  This movie was a stand out film to me at that time.  While away, we made a point of having "online dates."  Instant message sessions when we could, and a constant back and forth with emails.  In one of the messages I sent him I remarked about this particular film and how little things stood out to me as cute.  One day I went on an excursion through the city and found the park that Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan meet in at the end.  It felt right being there and sitting to write to me honey.  I opened my pc and shot off an email to him.  When I got back to my apartment I had a package from him in the mail.  I opened it to find a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils.  My love.


An Affair to Remember.  One of my all time favs!  How can you NOT love this movie.  Two people falling in love, needing to get closures on their pasts before starting a new with one another.  Overcoming all obstacles.  Geez, when I look at it like this, after the first pic I posted...it seems my life was meant to go the way it did with my hubby.  Can we say "reoccurring theme?"  HA  Anyways, this is y far one of the best romance flicks ever and I love the overcoming it all to be with the one you love.


This is the last I will pull from today, else I would be going on forever (this making my life ore of a Harry Potteresque epic adventure).  Steel Magnolias.  What more can be said.  The tight knit relationship and support offered by family and friends in a woman's life.  Sally Field and Julia Roberts relationship is so much like my own mothers and mine.  Unconditional love, even in the face of adversity and disagreements.  It's the same closeness I hope to always have with my own daughters.  I have a few friends from my childhood that I know I will always have.  My own Annelle, Truvy, M'Lynn.  People I now I can go to not matter what.  Women who are my friends despite my faults, that will always open their hearts and doors to me.  I am a lucky girl that way.

Post a Comment