Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF...treadmill girl is FABulous!!

     Today I went to the gym and was set on running.  I haven't gotten in a good run in weeks.  I was flying solo today (my workout buddy took the day off from, well actual work...so solo gym venture) so I knew I could run.  I got to the gym just a few minutes after the doors were unlocked and had my pick of treadmills.  I had my iPhone loaded with music (some new jams added thanks to FMM), and I was determined.  I found a nice little machine set off to the side away from the other treadmills which I loved as it is inevitable in the mornings that they will fill fast, so I did a quick stretch turned on the music and went to it.
     Running for me is like a love affair.  We have our ups and downs, we have good days and bad, but in the end it is worth all the stress and strife.  I have said it before, I can feel myself relax as I run.  I can literally feel my shoulders drop as the worries that have been laboring me flow right out of my head and I focus on me.  The view out the window this morning was great too, which of course helped.  It has been a surprisingly mild winter so the grass is (mostly) green and the trees are starting to bud already, crocuses are in bloom and tulips are starting to dot the scenery with their beautiful green.  As I ran this morning, absorbing all this spring like beauty across the quad it started to snow...not nasty, cold, snow that we are used to...but snow globe snow.  The kind where you can actually sees differences in the flakes and it's drifting and dancing through the air.  Maybe it was the endorphins, I don't know, but it was such a relaxing time.  What an amazing way to start the day. 
     I put in an easy 2.5 mile run...I can't even remember the last time I made it quite that far...I have been petering out at 1.5-1.75 it seems.  I guess today the stars were all aligned for me and my run.  Thank you fitness fate for giving me this gift.  It reminds me of my goal to register for a 5K this year, and it makes it so tangible.  I was actually thinking this morning of upcoming ones I have seen on a few websites wondering if my hubby would want to join me.  Today is a good day.

Post a Comment