Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy

     What is it about the sunshine that just completely changes your outlook on, well everything?!?!  We have been blessed with an unseasonably warm March here in the buckeye state.  When I say unseasonably warm, I mean not your general 6 inches of snow March, but rather 80 degrees in need of sunscreen warm.  I am not complaining, it's been awesome!  This weekend, my hubby and oldest were both sick, so the little one and I took on the playground by storm?  She couldn't understand why there were no swings on the playground, try explaining the craziness that is the fallout from global warming to a 2 year old though and you will just be banging your head against the monkey bars.  I went with, they must have gone to take a nap and will hang them some other time. :)
     My hubby was down sick most of last week; spring soccer practices started for both teams for my oldest, on top of all of our regularly scheduled activities.  I found myself just feeling burned out and frazzled at the end of each day and sadly did not workout really at all.  I did my morning sessions Monday, Wednesday and Friday...but those have become more about hanging out and just moving in some fashion and not about pushing myself...which is what I want to be doing (pushing myself that is)! 

     I think that the trip to the playground was just as good for me as it was for my little one.  Getting some sunshine and some color on my skin seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.  I was able to get my butt moving last night and get in a GREAT workout!  I was dripping with sweat by the end and felt amazing.  I was so proud of myself.  After a week off from illness, my hubby got himself up and moving too last night.  I have said before how great I feel when I run...doing my Pilate's makes me feel the same way.  I work muscles that I don't know how to even access others ways.  I can feel the results by the end of the session.  I know that what I am doing to my body is getting me where I want to be physically.  It's exciting.  But part of what helped push me back on track was my trusty old khaki shorts that I pulled out to wear to the playground, and I must give them the credit they are due.
     A few years ago before going on our annual family vacation (pre-baby) my husband forced me to go out and buy new shorts to take with me.  I seem to have an issue with spending money on myself, but that is a topic for a whole different blog.  Any who, I went out and bought a few pairs of shorts and really liked the way this one particular pair fit, once I got them on.  They took a little wiggling to get them over my hips, but once on were very comfy and cute.  Since that summer I have gone through various amounts of wiggling needed to get into those shorts, last summer seeming to be the hardest.  I didn't even feel comfortable in them last summer and resorted to wearing old shorts covered in paint stains before trying to squeeze myself back into those khaki shorts.  With the weather being so nice, I decided to break out some shorts and those khaki ones lay there on my bed calling my name.  Having felt bad anyways for not getting in a solid workout all week, I figured, what's one more thing to feel guilty about?  To my surprise and delight...the shorts slid on, easier than they EVER have.  I had to take them off and put them back on (more than once) just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating this new thrill!  It was amazing!  It was solid proof that I am getting the results I want with my new found workout/eating dedication.  I felt so amazing...how could I not come home later and push myself with a workout?!?!  It was just the push I needed..look out summer, there will be one hot momma running around with my kiddos!!  Let's keep going!!
    
Post a Comment