Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Boot Camp

     The tag line Boot Camp on a workout video isn't just lip service, at least not on the Belly, Butt and Thighs Boot camp from the Crunch Gym series.  I say this as a warning dear readers.  My loving husband knows how much I like the Crunch Gym series of workouts, and as they were the ONLY thing I was utilizing on Netflix, I cancelled my Netflix and bought my own copy of the  Pilate's workout to have always and forever.  While at the store this past weekend, my hubby saw the Belly, Butt and Thighs Boot camp for the bargain price of $4.99 so he bought it for me. 
     I did this workout and was disappointed after I was done.  Sure, I had worked up quite a sweat and knew that I had gotten a good cardio workout in...but the fierce toning powers to my BBT area that were promised seemed to not deliver.  I finished and thought to myself, well, at least I got my heart pumping.  Fast forward two hours.  It hurt to sit, let alone walk any where in my house.  How on Earth was I going to keep up with my sweet girls the rest of the day?  How was I going to go to work the next day?  I was now deep into the "feel the burn" state, and I was loving it...in pain, but loving it.
     I had also told my dear hubby that despite whatever my workout buddy wanted to do for her "gym adventure" I was going to run.  So, despite the pain (in my butt no less), I got up early yesterday, hit the treadmill and felt GREAT afterwards.  I was super careful to stretch well before and after, and put in (almost) two miles.  This is doubly encouraging because I fought through the pain and succeeded but also because I ran!  As if it was a sign from the Heaven's that sticking to my running guns was the right choice, on my way home yesterday I passed the junior high school which had a notice on the front sign that they are sponsoring a 5K in May.  I think the wait may be over.  I am going to give myself a few weeks more on the treadmill and if I can stay consistent...I am going to sign up for my first 5K! 
    
Post a Comment