Monday, February 27, 2012

Sadness in my Heart

     I was all prepared this morning to jump right in with the FMM blog and actually be on top of things.  I was home from work with a (semi) sick kiddo and a healthy one that just wanted to stay home.  I was enjoying the extra day with my girls and planning some crafty things to do during the day when I heard the news.  A local high school had a student walk in and start shooting.  Five people were hurt, one of those five died.  It terrifies me what the world is coming to.  What kind of future are we creating for our children?  My ten year old is a pro at lock down drills.  They have been having them at her school since she has been there.  So much has changed since I was a child.  The young man that was the shooter they say was a bit disturbed and was a victim of bullying.  Please, sit down and talk to your children.  Impart to them that bullying is not okay, in any way, shape or form.  Make them understand that there are consequences to their actions and that words can hurt. Maybe if this young man hadn't been bullied this could have been avoided.  I don't know.  I just know that today I hugged my girls tighter, held them longer and made sure they knew they were loved.  We can't keep them safe 100% of the time.  We do what we can.  We have to have faith that others are working just as hard as we are.  Please, spread love.
Post a Comment