Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

my sexy husband and me
    
     Happy Valentine's Day readers!  Today is the day set aside to celebrate love.  I am lucky enough to have an amazing and supportive husband and two beautiful little girls.  More than enough reasons to celebrate, right?  They are my world.  Well, this Valentine's Day I have someone else to celebrate as well.  This someone has become more special to me of late and is someone I am really getting to know all over again.  This year I celebrate me!
     I have started to see changes in myself, both physically and mentally, as I work through my resolutions.  My husband mentioned one of the meals I made again the other day, and I could feel a swell of pride in knowing how much he enjoyed.  And last night I got to work on a batch of chocolate chip cookies for my oldest daughters bake sale at school and caught myself dancing around the kitchen while I prepped the ingredients.  This is the fun and confident girl my husband fell in love with eleven years ago...she is starting to really shine.
     I have also caught myself checking out my silhouette in the mirror after a shower.  I am not a big girl.  I know that, but as someone who is BARELY 5'2" tall, every pound makes a difference.  I want to be in shape and tone.  The enemy I have been fighting since high school has been my thighs, or more specifically the cellulite on my thighs.  I am proud to say that since I strated really tracking my calories and incorporated regular workouts (and I think the BIG helper is the Pilates) I have seen a noticeable difference in my thighs.  The cellulite seems to be vanishing.  It's amazing. 


Happy Valentine's Day me!  Happy Valentine's Day You! 
 Find time to love yourself!  You deserve it!
Post a Comment