Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Friend Making Monday (belated)

     A fellow blogger and friend has posted this Friend Making Monday link a few times now.  Each week I promise myself I will add to the list and try and extend my network in the blog community and then Monday comes and goes and alas...I have not posted.  This week, like most, Monday was very busy and crazy...followed by a SUPER busy Tuesday, so here I sit on Wednesday, finally joining in the Friend Making Monday festivities.  Here is my contribution...WOW-FMM (Well on Wednesday, Friend Making Monday).  Here are the "rules:" please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so everyone can share in your answers.

FMM:Travel

1. Where did your most recent trip take you?  Our last weekend trip was to Kalahari Waterpark in Sandusky, OH.  We went for my oldest daughters soccer tournament.  What a fun weekend.  All of the families stayed in the hotel and the girls were able to run around and have fun.  The game schedule was set so that all games were done by 3:00pm, so there was MORE than enough time to go and play in the water park.  The tournament was held the weekend before Halloween too, so they had trick or treat for all the teams.  It was a lot of fun.
Kalahari Resort

     Our last family vacation (actual go away for a full week vacation) was to Disney.  It was awesome!  It was the third time we had taken my boldest daughter, and the first trip for our youngest.  It never ceases to amaze me how magical Disney is through the eyes of a child.  The little one was nervous at first with all of the characters, but once she saw Minnie Mouse (her favorite at the time) she ran into her arms and hugged her.  I started crying, my husband snapped pics and my oldest rolled her eyes (at her silly tear stained mom).
the fam at Disney

2. Is there a place that you'd like to visit that you haven't yet?  If so, where?  Ummmmm, I'm only in my mid-30's, of course there are places I haven't been that I want to visit.  I want to take my family to see everything and anything.   A few list toppers are Japan (to see where my father-in-law was born), Scotland (to see where my grandmother was born), Amsterdam, Greece, London, and so many others I can't even think. :)

Japan

Scotland


Amsterdam


Greece

London

3. Do you travel lightly, or do you cram as much into your luggage as possible?  I am a fairly light traveler myself...when it comes to all of the gear needed for the girls, well that's a different story.  It is getting easier now that we aren't dealing with "baby" stuff anymore.

4. Do your eating and exercise habits change when you travel?  If so, how?  We tend to take vacations that require a little more physical activity in general.  Whether it be walking the parks of Disney for days at a time or swimming all day at a water park, so in that respect we keep up with some sort of exercise.  There have been times when my husband and I have been known to trade off the kiddos and hit the hotel gym, but that depends on how much energy is left at the end of the day.  Vacation is about family and spending as much time together as possible.  As far as eating...what happens on vacation, stays on vacation. hee hee hee

5. Tell us about a place you've been that you'd like to go back to.  Outside of Disney, it would have to be Charleston, SC.  I love Charleston.  I love the history, the architecture, the southern civility that is still is evident.  It is one of the most gorgeous places I have been too and is so steeped in culture and history.  I can't wait to take my girls.

6. Do you prefer to travel at a certain time of year?  With my husband and my work schedules we don't have a lot of lead way here.  We tend to travel in June, July or August.  Although we are thinking about a New Years trip for next year...

7. If you had to choose, would you go to the beach or the mountains?  Mountains, hands down.  We like to hike trails and be outside and explore nature.  Although, as I can actually SEE the fruits of my labor in my exercising...the beach may be an upcoming option.  We shall see where we are by summer. 

8. Have you ever needed a passport to travel?  Yes, when we took our last trip to Canada...although they don't stamp you which is sad.

9.  Do you collect anything in your travels?  We collect magnets from every place we go with the girls.  Full vacations or day trips it doesn't matter,  Every time we go to grab a snack or drink out of our fridge we can think back on the wonderful times we have shared as a family.

10. Where do you plan to go next?  Not sure yet...maybe Storybook Forest? 

Storybook Forest-Idylwild Park
Post a Comment