Friday, February 24, 2012

Food Hangover

     Yesterday started on a decent foot.  I slept in a little bit cuddling with my sweet baby girl, had an nutritious and low cal breakfast of oatmeal and a banana...I even had a nice salad with a small bowl of soup for lunch.  It wasn't a gym day, but I was okay with that because that meant it was a Pilates night.  I also don't feel too guilty most days in regards to getting some sort of exercise because I work on the 3rd floor of my building and I am a stairs kind of girl so I always have my up and down to keep me moving.  We had gym class for my two year old where I always get to run  around a bit...then came dinner.  Oh dear me.
     My oldest daughter plays on two travel soccer teams right now.  Between practices for both, games, tournaments, horse back riding lessons, girl scouts and the little ones gym class I have many days where I feel as though I just live in my car.  Last night my husband took the oldest to soccer while I went to gym class.  On my way home he called t ask if I wanted to go to Max & Erma's for dinner since they were sponsoring a fundraiser for our soccer club.  As a proud parent and board member (not to mention not wanting to figure out what to make for dinner at 745 at night) I was all about the Max & Erma's trip.  The plan was that as long as we presented our soccer voucher, 20% of our total bill would be donated back to the organization.  With that being said, we felt the need to try and run the bill a bit.  We got a sampler appetizers plate, and then we each got a meal, plus the little ones meal and her ice cream.  This is where the trouble started.
     The sampler.  SO many out of (calorie) control foods on one plate.  There were potato skins, chicken fingers and the grande nachos...all with their own varieties of dips and sauces.  I have a weakness for all of these things, but most especially the loaded potato skins.
     My poor husband even remarked on how I attacked this plate of completely bad for me food.  I didn't realize how hungry I was until the waitress brought it all out.  I mean, it had been almost 9 hours since I had eaten my lunch...but there is no excuse.  This was over the top.  I made a slightly better meal choice with a half club sandwich and half salad platter, but nothing can change the way I devoured 3 of the 4 potato skins + my share of the nachos.  Why am I telling you this?  Because I am doing my best to be honest with myself.  I could ignore this meal, but I feel obligated to tell you the truth.  By the time we got home, I felt awful.  It has been quite a long time since I ate food like this.  It was filling (for the time) but left me feeling lethargic and just yucky.       I did get the little one off to bed and then did my hour long Pilates cardio workout (thank you once again Crunch Gym and your amazing workouts), which did make me feel a little better, but still just kind of blah.  This morning when I woke up, it took me  awhile to get moving.  All I can think to call this feeling is a serious food hangover.  I have learned my lesson.  I will not be attempting this kind of binge again.  Not that the binge was intentional at ALL but I have more self-control than I used last night.  Lesson learned.  Looking forward to another amazing Crunch workout tonight!
Post a Comment