Friday, January 27, 2012

Shopping and shopping

     I have always made it known in my house how much I hate grocery shopping.  It's one of those activities where you know you are going to spend WAY more money than you want to, but you can't NOT do it.  That being said, I will now admit that I have spent the better part of the afternoon looking up recipes that I want to try over the next few days so that I could, get this, MAKE A GROCERY LIST!  Crazy, right?!?!  I am actually looking forward to going to the store after work to buy things to make specific meals.  Usually when I venture out for my turn at the store, I go through all the basics that I know we always get and just see what needs restocked.  Every once in a while (a great while my husband would I'm sure agree) I will have decided on 1 particular meal that I want to make and buy the required pieces and parts.  Today, however, I am armed with no fewer than 5 dinners I want to try, all of which are low calorie recipes.  There are some standards that I have made before (meatloaf and tortellini soup) but they are healthier versions of those meals.  I've also include a few new ones to try...this should be an interesting few days. 
     I thought this would be a good time to try since the hubs has to work all weekend.  I have a play date tomorrow with my BFF and out girls, but smart girl that I am, I found a fairly easy (and yes, once again low cal) crock pot recipe that I am going to attempt.  I never thought the day would come where I would be excited to grocery shop.  This could be a whole new world for me and my hubby...what will he do if this all pans out. :)


Post a Comment