Monday, January 9, 2012

Running along

     Today I got to the gym early and got in a run.  I love running.  I can physically feel the stress drain from my body and feel my shoulders drop the further into my run I get.  I "borrowed" Maddy's ipod so I would have some music to listen to while I ran since my ipod only has audio books on it right now.  It felt so good to just run and listen to the music.  It's almost freeing for me.  I can't explain it.  It gives me a chance to clear my head and think through things.  Today it allowed me time to revel in my own self glory as I started my quest for the kitchen over the weekend.  It was just a boxed brownie recipe, but I still got in there...mixed it up and baked the brownies.  It must have been a good way to start as I had two very happy and very chocolaty faces to enjoy looking at. 
     My wonderful husband also went to the grocery store and got me all the fixins to make monkey bread.  I had never heard of monkey bread until my BFF posted on her facebook page that she was making it last week with her two adorable daughters.  When I asked my hubs about it, he explained what it is and thought I would enjoy doing the same with our girls, soooooooooooooooo this weekend we will be making some monkey bread. 
     I also took a second while on the treadmill to just note how happy I was with myself for actually getting on the treadmill and running.  I have been saying for YEARS that I wanted to run a 5k.  It has been something that I start to train for and never actually do.  The summer I got married I was running more than the 3.2 miles a few times a week, but was so busy with the wedding and work that I never did sign up for one.  Then that winter I got pregnant and my doc said "No more running.  No bouncing the baby."  So I had to take a hiatus.  It has been so hard trying to get myself back on track.  I will do a few miles here and there but haven't been able to stick to any one plan.  That changes this year!  SO many of my girlfriends are running now and signing up for various races, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.  What better way to get/stay in shape while being a good, healthy role model for my girls.  Two goals started and building some momentum.  That makes me happy...and THAT's important. 

Post a Comment