Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Frustration Free Zone

     Well, it's Tuesday and I am embarrassed to say that I have not worked out since my fabulous Pilates stint on Saturday.  Why you ask?  Well, two reasons really.  One, I have not been able to really fit one in with my husband working since I fly solo with the girls and their activities (lame, I know) and two, I forgot how hard core Pilates really is.  I found a few great workouts on Netflix and was really jamming to Crunch: Fat Burning Pilates.  It's nice because there is a cardio Pilates section and a stretch section.  My thighs have not felt the same since, especially my inner thighs.  This has been bittersweet.  Like many women I know, my thighs are the ares I need the most work on; and this workout was fab-u-lous for just such an area...problem?  I have been walking like an old lady since Sunday because of it.  Despite my renewed loved of the treadmill, stationary bike and elliptical...the inner thighs have apparently not been getting the scale of use that the rest of my body has.
     I am trying not to get frustrated by not being able to work out.  I am in enough discomfort that I'm afraid of risking injury.  It has been really hard because when my hubby does get home at night, he grabs a quick snack and gets down to his P90X workouts.  I am proud of him.  he has really stuck to it this time and I can see such a difference already.  We both get frustrated easily, so I am trying to make sure I let him know how great he is doing everyday with the working out and the calorie counting.
     I am also trying to avoid feeling down due to the scale.  I've been under my daily caloric goal everyday for more than a week...and the numbers are not going down the way I would like.  I know that by incorporating more workouts in I am going to build up and tone more muscle and that will make my weight go up a little bit...I KNOW THIS yet it still is hard when you are faced with the numbers.  I also know that everything is working out (despite the blasted bathroom scale) all of my clothes are fitting better.  I am doing my best to keep the faith fair readers!
     On a better note, tonight I am testing out a low cal meatloaf recipe.  I'm excited to try it, and yet a little nervous too.  Meatloaf is one of those homemade comfort foods that is always a hit at my house.  I am nervous to try a new recipe, but we shall see.  Maybe we can enjoy extra comfort in knowing it's not attacking our waistlines. :)  Pictures to come later!
     This week's mantra: Maintain the frustration free zone! 
Post a Comment