Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Down with UADD

     I will admit I have a major fear.  It is one that I have been in denial about since having Arden, but now must realize that this "old gray mare just ain't what she used to be."  I didn't think I needed to worry about it because I carry my sweet little girl around so much, a constant source of love and strength training...but in the mirror the other day I saw the start of it...UADD, otherwise known as Under Arm Dingle Dangle.
No, this is not a picture of my own arm...I do not carry a camera with me at all times, but honestly it might as well have been when I saw it.  UADD is something that I never gave a thought to in my 20's...even when I crossed the threshold into my 30's I was doing fine...when did this happen?!?!  Well, I'm not sure when it started but today is the day I took action against it. 

When I go to the gym (which I will admit has not been as frequent since the holidays) I like to run.  I went many years forgetting how much I actually enjoyed running...then it became a fun and healthy way to bond with my husband.  Since having my youngest daughter I have, for lack of a better phrase, let myself go.  I stopped running, stopped doing yoga, I have even stopped playing soccer.  At first it was an energy thing...now it has become a time thing.  I don't make enough time for myself...that stops now!  This morning, I am proud to say, I go up and got to the gym.  Day 1 of the Battle against the dreaded UADD.  Along with my trusty companion the elliptical we have started the war.  Beware UADD...don't say you haven't been warned!

Post a Comment